[B3] Episode 35

🌺

George's trip in Europe was cut short when an urgent meeting was called a week after that email sent to her by that Clifford Tomas.

Apparently, the supplier they got that she suggested sent substandard materials—particularly the tiles. Madali daw mabasag kahit sobrang ingat na ng paghandle sa mga ito.

"I didn't submit this," she said with her forehead creased. Kaharap niya ngayon ang construction head ng Altiera. "I have in my emails the file I sent to the procurement team. So I'm not liable to the damages caused by the mismanagement of your team."

"I understand, Miss Gray," Mr. Oliverio said. "I apologize if it sounded like we're accusing you. We just wanted to confirm if the supplier was indeed suggested for the materials."

She sighed. Napatingin tuloy siya kay Aki who looked calm as she sat a few seats away from her. Panigurado kasi ay siya ang mapagbabalingan ng mga heads since siya ang project engineer. She's liable for it too since siya ang nagbabantay sa site.

"Engr. Matsunaga, it seems na ang team mo nga ang may pagkukulang dito," Mr. Oliverio then turned towards the girl. "This wouldn't have happened kung hindi mo pinabayaan ang site mo."

"With all due respect, sir. Hindi po namin kasalanan ang nangyari dahil ang supplier po ang problema dito," kalmadong sagot ni Aki. "The list we checked and the samples I personally verified did not have M&E Enterprises. Kaya nga po nagtataka kami kung bakit sa kanila kumuha ang procuring office ng materyales. We usually go for Celatro or Belgio."

"But still, you should have checked—"

"I did kaya po nasabihan ko agad yung procurement team na may mali sa materyales," agap naman agad ng babae. "I have documented proof na sinabihan ko agad three days ago ang procurement office bago pa mahuli ang lahat. Because I know marble flooring don't break that easily."

Hindi nakasagot si Mr. Oliverio. It looked like he was trying to pin all the blame on Aki but he failed to do that because her girl was good at what she does. Halatang alam nito ang ginagawa nito.

"Engr. Matsunaga has a point," ani naman ni Mr. Garcia, the owner of the company. "She did save us millions by telling us that the materials were substandard. We can always return the materials to the supplier and look for a better one. Preferably the ones Miss Gray suggested to avoid mishaps like this."

Natapos ang meeting and she was able to breathe again. Hindi naman naiiwasan ang mga problemang tulad nito but it still scares her. Mahirap na kasi kapag malaking pera ang involved sa projects. Her career is on the line and she can also be thrown to jail for this.

"Hay naku, Horhe!" Aki blurted out as soon as they sat on a restaurant to eat something. They needed to unwind after all that and food was the closest one. "Nakakawindang talaga ang mga ganito! Sabi na kasi. Dapat nag-call girl na lang ako. O di kaya pole dancer. Magaling naman ako gumiling."

"Aki! Your mouth!" she said chuckling. Leave it to this girl to turn one of the most traumatic day of her life upside down. She's really one big happy pill! "But I can see. You'll make all the guys there your slave."

"Kaya nga eh," anito sabay lean sa upuan. "Kung hindi ko lang talaga mahal trabaho ko, matagal ko nang tinigil 'to. Peperahan ko na lang ang Ilog ko. Tutal willing naman siya. Lalo na kapag may lap dance."