[B3] Episode 37

🌺

"Will you stop crying? Hindi pa ako patay, Georgina."

George scowled at Dos as his lame attempt to crack a joke. Kanina pa nakaalis sina Jarvis at Dr. Zamora after giving Dos a quick but thorough look. Siya naman ay hindi matigil sa kakaiyak dahil sino ba naman ang matutuwa knowing that your boyfriend—yes, he is still her boyfriend, is suffering an illness. At hindi lang 'yon basta lagnat o kung ano. It was fucking cancer!

"How can you drop a bomb like that and expect me to not react like this?!" bulalas niya dito at mas lalo pang umiyak.

Now she understood why he had pushed her all these years. Tapos 'yung sinabi pa nito noong debut niya. About her not deserving a wilting rose or something.

Pero hindi niya maitatanggi na may kaunting tampo siya dito. Bakit hindi ito nagtiwalang kaya niya? That she can very much take care of him? Na kahit anong pagsubok ang ibigay sa kanya, kakayanin niyang lampasan iyon para dito?

"Why did you hide this from me?!" dagdag niya pa. "You've been suffering all these years tapos I had no idea? All this time inakala ko that you were just playing with me tapos may sakit ka pala! You could've told me about it! I can take care of you—"

"You don't need to, Georgina," kalmadong sagot nito. "You can't waste your time taking care of me. You have a whole life ahead of you."

"But I want to because I love you!" bulalas niya. "And a life without you isn't a life worth living, Dos. You should know that by now."

Dos heaved a sigh and gently brushed her hair before his knuckles trailed her tear-smeared cheeks. Then he leaned in to kiss her lightly on her forehead.

"I know and I'm sorry for pushing you away," he said as he wiped her tears off. "And I'm sorry kung naramdaman mong hindi ko gusto magkaron ng pamilya kasama ka. But that's my only dream, baby. Ang bumuo ng pamilya at makasama ka habangbuhay. Pero hindi ko kayang ibigay 'yon sa'yo. I'm on borrowed time. I'm not even sure if I'd last long enough to see your hair go white."

"I don't need a forever, Dos," she said as she looked him straight in his eyes. "I'd take anything you can give. Be it an hour, a minute or even a measly second. I'll take it as long as I get to spend it with you."

Niyakap siya ni Dos ng mahigpit and she buried her face on the crook of his neck. He gave her light kisses on her head as they stayed like that for a few minutes. Maya-maya ay naglagay ito ng espasyo sa pagitan nila.

"Do you want to eat something? Sigurado akong nagutom ka sa kakaiyak mo," offer nito which made her nod.

Sa totoo lang kasi ay hindi pa siya nagdi-dinner mula ng dumating ito. She was in the middle of contemplating whether to order something for herself or just go to the mall and eat out. Buti na lang pala at tinamaan siya ng katamaran. Otherwise, this wouldn't have happened.

Tumayo siya mula sa pagkakalong kay Dos. He too followed and even kissed her cheek before heading straight towards the kitchen. Noon niya lang napansin ang pag-vibrate ng telepono niya na nakapatong sa coffee table.

"Naia? Napatawag ka—"

"Is Jarvis there?" tanong agad ng babae who sounded frantic over the line. "Pasensya na George but I need to speak with him. It's an emergency."

"Kakaalis lang nila around twenty minutes ago," sagot niya dito. Sakto namang napatingin siya kay Dos who was already looking at her with an eyebrow raised. She mouthed 'Naia' to him and he went back to checking the fridge for supplies. "Why? Is there anything wrong? Is my inaanak okay?"

"Mavi's fine, George. Pero feeling ko, madadagdagan ang bilang ng inaanak mo ngayong gabi."

Her forehead creased. "What? Are you pregnant again?"