[B3] Episode 39

🌺

"Will you stop pouting? Kanina ka pa."

Mas lalong napabusangot si George sa tinuran ng kasintahan. It was half past midnight and Yoon's bridal shower was cut short after that whole video call fiasco.

Apparently, Seven had a child and no one knew about it. Kahit ang kakambal nitong si Box ay walang kaalam-alam tungkol sa bagay na ito. All Montecillos—except River, ganged up on Seven and forced him to spill the beans but his resolve was too strong kaya't walang napala ang mga lalaki dito.

But she had concerns of her own.

"Lahat na lang may baby na," she mumbled. "Is it wrong if I want one too?"

Dos rolled his eyes bago hinilamos ang kamay nito sa sariling mukha. Like he was already done with her.

"You know we can't yet," anito. "I'm still not done with my treatments."

"But chemo can kill your sperm!" she blurted out. Hindi na siya nag-abala na i-sensor ang mga salita because it was only them inside his place. "We have to have a baby early pa lang, Dos. I... I want to be a mom. A mom to our kid. Is that too much to ask?"

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose before finally giving her his full attention.

"I want to have a family too, Georgina," anito bago napabuntong-hininga. "But can we do it one at a time? Let me finish my treatments and then we can think about having kids."

"But you can do both naman eh," she insisted. "We can have a baby while you get your treatment."

"Paano kita maaalagaan kung ako mismo eh alagain, Georgina?" he argued. "Chemo is no joke. I'd get irritable. I'd be weak. How can I possible take care of you and our baby?"

"But if we wait 'til you finish your treatment, it would be very difficult to have a baby—"

"There are many ways, Georgina," he pleaded. "Please. I want to be better before we start a family. I may not be fully healed by then but at least I'd get to take care of you and our child."

Hindi siya nakasagot at napabuntong-hininga na lamang. She wanted to argue with him na hindi naman siya magiging imbalido. Nor is he one because of his illness. But if she did argue, baka malaman lang din nito ang isa pa sa kinatatakutan niya kaya't gusto niyang magkaanak na sila.

They might not get a chance.

Mahirap kalaban ang cancer. Even if they think positively, hindi pa rin makakaila na it's hard thing to survive. Dos was already lucky enough to have ten years.

"Are you afraid I'd die soon?" basa nito sa kanyang isipan. "Kaya ba gusto mo nang magkaanak?"

She looked away guiltily. For months she has been mum about Dos' condition. Ayaw niya kasing mag-alala ito sa kanya o di naman kaya ay maisipan nanamang lumayo dahil nasasaktan siya.

"I... That's not it—"

Dos cupped her face and their eyes locked. He smiled.

"It's okay, baby. I understand," he said and gently brushed her cheek with his thumb. "God knows how I want to have a whole family with you and we will. Hindi lang muna ngayon. I promise I'll survive this. We'll survive this."