nineteen*

a/n: hey guys, i'm really sorry that i didn't update for 2 days, school is really eating my booty rn 🙈 but tysm for 7k and 8k reads !! i love you guys :)

————————————————————————

you arrived in new mexico. you hadn't slept wink since hearing spencer say those words. you just sat there. mind racing.

spencer has only over openly talked about one person he was with.

maeve.

god , he loved that girl. he would beam about her , the conversations over the phone , the books they talked about , how beautiful she was.

when she died , it broke him.

you remember spencer showing up on your doorstep one night , absolutely broken. you spent the night comforting him , spencer telling you how much he loved her.

he said he would never love again.

the plane lands and you shake spencer awake , earning a groan from him, as he buries his face into your neck.

"spence, we landed." you lightly say and he mumbles inaudible words into your neck , the vibrations tickling your skin.

"sorry, i was sleepy." he says as he pulls his face away, tired eyes boring into yours.

"it's okay, good morning sleepyhead." you smile at him, and he grins back.

"good morning pretty girl." the name makes your stomach flutter , but you disregard it, grabbing your bags and exiting the jet, spencer treading behind you.

you all folded yourself into the SUV's, spencer sitting beside you , resting his hand on your thigh, drawing small figures into it with his finger.

you turn your head to him, giving him a smile, and he smiles back, giving your thigh a small squeeze. his hand resting in the same position for the rest of the car ride.

you arrive to the station, you all walk in, making your way a room to set up.

hotch pairs you all and you end up paired with spencer, staying at the station and pinning a geographical profile.

you work diligently , spencer making little to no conversation to besides the details of the case.

you could tel spencer was uptight , and it hit you , the case was of a stalker , taking and killing girls.

stalking cases always bothered spencer. they remind him of maeve.

you take a break , and you walk over to him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"hey, i know these cases are hard, i'm here for you." you say, and you feel him slightly relax, turning his head, his eyes meeting yours.

"i- they just remind me of her, that's all." he says, and you shoot him a sympathetic smile.

you extend your arms out and spencer basically falls into them, you move your hands to his hair and lightly run your fingers through it, feeling spencer's body relax to the touch.

he pulls back, his hands remaining on your hips.

"you're amazing , i don't know what i would do without you y/n." he says, and your feel your heart rate increase.

"me too spence , me too." you say, and he smiles, turning his head , returning to the board.

•••