『 26 』

~Minhyuk~

The art exhibit went pretty well, many people complimented me for my work. Today is the day of the auction. I quickly washed up and head on to the place where the auction will take place.

I sat down beside Youngjo who was talking to someone on the phone. "I love you, bye~" were the words he said before ending the call.

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"You said "I love you" to someone, who was it?"

"Pfft, as if you don't know who."

"Ohh, just date already." I teased.

He rolled his eyes, giving his attention to the speaker who was about to talk on the podium.

"Good morning everyone! Welcome to SSE's Art Auction! Please take your seats, we will start the auction in a few minutes. Thank you."

He left the podium and just like he said, the auction started after the place was full of people.

They started off with some of the senior high students, along with Youngjo and Dongju, they got pretty high bids for their paintings which they truly deserve.

"Now for college student Lee Minhyuk's painting. The Blue Whale. Let's start the bidding."

"70,000 W! (60$)" I heard a man, from the back, yell.

"76,000 W! (65$)"

"80,000 W! (68$)"

"85,000 W; (72$)"

"Wow, people really like your painting," Youngjo whispered. "Even me."

"90,000! (76$)" he shouted.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"Your painting looks great, I want it in my room."

"100,000 W! (85$)" a man from the further back shouted.

"100,000 W!" the auctioneer repeated, "Going once! Going twice! Sold! Sold to the man in the suit."

"Aw, I wanted it." Youngjo pouted.

"I'll make one for you."

"Yey! Thank you"

"No problem."

~Jooheon~

We barely made it to the auction because two of our friends, namely Son Hyunwoo and Shin Hoseok, stopped in the middle of our trip to buy some snacks.

The auction was pretty boring except when it was time for us to bid Minhyuk's painting. He passed two paintings but I only managed to get one, thanks to my helpful assistant from the hotel.

After every painting was sold, many people started to leave one by one. Minhyuk walked up to us and greeted the group with a smile. "Hey, guys!"

"Hey~" we replied.

"Where are we going next, Nunu?" Kihyun asked his boyfriend with his sweet voice.

"We have a game for today, it'll end at night but don't worry, I'm all yours tomorrow," Shownu replied, giving his boyfriend a kiss on his forehead.

"So, we got to go now. If you want to watch us play, feel free to go to the court." my twin mumbled.

"Okay, bye~" Changkyun cheered. He's so happy today.

The first half of the friend group (Shownu, Wonho, Changkyun, Joohoney, and I) left the others inside the auction house.

~Minhyuk~

While the others left for their basketball game, I noticed that Kihyun's expression was off. I think he's sad about something.

"Hey, shortie!" I called out.

"Yeah?" he responded with no expression whatsoever.

"What's up with you?" Hyungwon asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, if we ever call you "shortie" or any teasing names, you'll either choke us or break our bones," I explained

"Both options can lead to death," Hyungwon added.

"True-" I agreed.

"Why don't you just leave me alone? I'll just be in my room." he sighed, walking away from the two of us.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"I don't know, let's find out." Hyungwon grabbed my wrist and then ran close behind Kihyun.

He slammed the door shut. We leaned on the door and I am confident that what I heard were soft sobs.

We slowly peeked our heads through the door before completely letting ourselves in. "Kiki, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing... it's not like it's our monthsary today."

Oh, well...

He messed up.

So, how can I save this for him?

"Maybe, he's planning something for tonight."

"No, he isn't. During our monthsary, we usually spend the whole day together. Not just a whole hour."

"Don't doubt him..." Hyungwon sat down beside him and tried to comfort him.

I need to call his boyfriend quickly but I need an excuse.

Uhm.

Oh, I know.

"Oh my- I want to stay but I received a text from our art teacher saying that all students need to meet up. I'll be back in a bit, bye~" I slammed the door shut and ran to the court.

"Shownu Hyung!" I shouted. I was lucky enough to reach them before the game started.

"What's wrong?"

"You- Him-" I replied, trying my best to catch my breath. "M-Months-sary"

"Monthsary? MONTHSARY?! Oh my gosh, I can't believe that I forgot."

"So the game is off?" Hoseok asked.

"Yes..."

"What should we do then?"

"We? There's no we in this-" Joohoney wasn't able to finish his sentence because he received a death glare from the youngest.

"Wait, let me call Hyungwon." I excused myself from the l group and dialed the number of the latter.

"So, how's it going there?" I asked.

"Not good, he's still crying."

"WHY DID HE FORGOT?!" I heard Kihyun yell from the other side of the phone.

"Uhm, buy him some chickens."

"I don't have any money with me."

"Then go get it in your room."

"If I leave this room, even in just a second. It'll look like an apocalypse happened here."

"Okay, fine. Uhm, make him busy or distract him."

"Okay got it."

I hung up the phone and said, "We can still fix it, let's think of some ideas."

We sat down on the bench and tried to think of an idea of how we can fix the situation.