Torn

Louis's (POV)

"Louis...honey," she cracks my door open, "are you okay?" My Mother asks softly.

"Mom, just go away please." I choke.

I really just want to be left alone.

"Oh Louis, it's going to be okay. You have a whole new world ahead of you in a few weeks." She walks into my room regardless of me wanting to be left alone, she doesn't leave. "If Adrian is to stupid to realize how good he had it then so be it. You're better off without him and it's his loss." She says rubbing my back.

"Then why does it hurt so bad mom?" I sob, hoping she has all of the answers.

"It's going to hurt like hell baby. You loved him, but time will heal you. If he can do what he did, he doesn't care about you Louis. It's time to move on now, don't waste your tears on that trash. You're going to College in the next few weeks and you must focus." She says seriously but still remembers to show me compassion.

She always tells me the truth even when I don't want to hear it, but she's absolutely right.

Adrian left me. I'm done crying over him. Four years of my life, wasted down the drain.

No more.

-

"I'm going to miss you so much Louis!" My Mother cries embracing me with a hug that she makes feel like the last one she'll ever receive.

"Mom," I chuckle, "I will be back to visit and we have FaceTime." I say.

"My little boy all grown up." She says wiping away her tears.

This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 69C to San Diego California.

"Alright, that's me mom. I'll call when I land." I say, embracing her in one last hug. "I love you mom."

"I love you, Louis. Now get out of here and show the world who you are."

-

Fucking airplanes, Louis thought, why the hell does it have to be so crowded and why can't people move faster, sheesh.

Louis finally sits in his seat and lets out a sigh of relief. He's got a few hours until the plane lands so for the mean time he shoves his ear plugs in and zones out to some tunes.

After the first hour on the plane Louis becomes bored. He can't help but let his thoughts take over his brain. What if I find no friends at college? What if this was one big ass mistake? I'm twenty-one years old, with no idea what I'm doing. Fuck. He thought.

-

This is your caption speaking, we have now landed in San Diego California. It's been a good ride you lovely people. Thanks for flying with Southwest Airlines.

-

Louis is glad to finally be off the plane. He walks through the airport with his luggage, heading outside.

Calling a Lyft for himself, he waits patiently, breathing in the fresh air.

I think this is going to be good. So he thinks to himself. Little did Louis know he'd be in for a treat.

"Hey are you Louis?" The Lyft driver asks him.

"Yeah that's me!" Louis chirps hoping in the Toyota.

As they drive to Louis's Aunt's beach house, he and the Lyft driver chat. Louis asks about fun things to do here. He asks if he knows anyone going to UCSD.