Battle of the Bands

*Harry's Pov*

"Baby get up!" Harry heard his mom calling from the other side of the house. His alarm was going off repeatedly to the tune of an Elvis instrumental that changed daily. He sat up to turn it off with his thumb and felt his face warm from the grogginess of sleep.

"You don't want to be late, do you?" she said, coming and peaking her head inside his doorframe. Harry giggled to himself as she crinkled her nose at him, gesturing him to stand up with one hand.

"Fine, Fine. Getting up!" He said as she disappeared into the hall once again.  He pulled his legs over to the side and stood against the chilly wooden floor. It sent a shiver up his spine as he walked across it with his bare feet, and he entered his white tiled bathroom to get himself prepared for the day.

As he walked in, he stared at himself in the mirror and tried to wash the sleepiness out of his face with cold water. He brushed his teeth while humming against his toothbrush, and tried to breathe deeply in another attempt to start the day off on the right foot. He needed to start with as much positive energy as he could today.

He smelt the scent of vanilla coming from the kitchen in hand with the clanking of loud pans crashing against each other sporadically

He smelt the scent of vanilla coming from the kitchen in hand with the clanking of loud pans crashing against each other sporadically. He felt like his mom was just as nervous as he was about this trip and competition, but he was trying to simply take things as they came rather than getting overworked.

He tuned his favorite station to play through his personal radio his sister had bought him for Christmas, and danced around like a manic to whatever came on. He had to make sure he was away from any shy tendencies, and that meant starting this practice in private from the very beginning and getting his jitters out.

"Almost ready, Harry?" His mom called through the halls of the home. Her voice bounced off the wooden walls and settled into the white carpet that laid beneath Harry's bare feet. He felt a bit sick to his stomach as he stopped dancing around and began walking out of the room, realizing the real portion of his day had now begun. Now that his routine was done, everything felt so real so suddenly.

He stared at his feet as he walked down the hallway, letting his curls fall into his face and watching an untied shoelace drag behind his trainers. He was quite out of breath the entire time.

Probably from all your stupid dancing. He thought.

Or maybe from the nerves.

Either way, get it together.

He came into their kitchen soon after catching his breath to see his mom slouched over the white and wooden counter, spinning around what looked like pancake batter in a glass bowl. The smell of the kitchen made him feel at ease, it was always nice to feel like someone was taking care of you and whenever his mom did that he felt it immensely.