Oops + Hi

The Elvis song rang loudly, and Harry quickly rolled over in bed and turned it off. He had already been lying in bed staring at his ceiling for a while out of pure excitement for the day ahead.

After turning to see the clock reading seven in the morning, he stretched out and he sat up in the white sheets of the bed. His warm pajama pants clung to his legs as they wrapped around the blankets in his restless sleep. He silently wished he would've taken the sleeping pills his mom had suggested he bring now that he was running on less than five hours of rest.

He put in his headphones and began listening to his favorite playlist, one that his friend had made, and took some steady breaths in his bed. His sister and mom always told him how important it was to take a few seconds for himself at the beginning of the day, and though he sometimes found it to be a bit cheesy, as he did today he also tried to imagine all the things to come going perfectly right.

Yesterday had been a blast, and he had made some pretty good friends for the night although knew he still had people to meet. He was really consumed by a group of guys who were a bit younger like him, and they ended up leaving the main group to talk in his bedroom anyway. Harry enjoyed it, but as he heard the bigger group laughing in the living room he wished he could've been too places at once.

"Up! Up!" Someone said, tapping in his door twice along with their rhythmic wake up call. He assumed it to be one of the chaperones, and so he did as he was told and changed quickly into his outfit. He chose a white polo shirt with jeans and a pair of black trainers, throwing his red cardigan into his bag just in case he became cold. He quickly threw his hair to the side with some hairspray, and then walked out to find some people already loading cars.

"Hey!" One of the boys he met yesterday said, running up to him excitedly. "Some of us are leaving now to get breakfast on the way, come with?"

Harry smiled and nodded at his new found friends, and followed them quickly into the car. He wished he had more time to meet everyone else, but he figured if it was meant to be he'd had tons of time to bound with everyone there as the competition progressed.

"Harry!" Another one of the mates said, tapping his seat next to him as they piled into the car. Harry climbed in and sat against the leather seat to see his driver from the day before behind the wheel.

"Morning, George!" Harry said as he lifted himself up off the seat and stuck his hand out to shake his. The driver chucked at him.

"Hi boy. Arent you a gentlemen!" He said with a bit of praise in his tone. Harry sat back and crossed his legs cooly in the middle of his two friends.

"Mama just raised me good is all!" He said putting his hands comically behind his head. They laughed with him and then his mates and him went on to talking about everything they were to expect. Harry felt himself shifting into the conversation, and tried to only add when it seemed necessary. He didn't like to over talk, and he was definitely careful not to say anything too out of character. He liked his group and didn't want to do anything to lose them, and that meant keeping his guard up and adapting.

"What are you most excited about, Harry?" His friend Andrew asked. Harry took in the situation quickly, and said the same as the rest of them had as he continued to shift into their patterns.

"To perform! I can't wait to go up and sing." He said, knowing that it was partially the truth, but mostly he was playing it safe. His real excitement was coming from the connections that he was making so early on. It made him feel good that these people already felt so attached to him, enough to want to ride in their own specific car together and not invite other contestants. Harry liked to feel special, and he was holding onto it.