Doncaster Holiday (2)

Louis' POV

"Where the hell are we going!" Louis laughed as him and Harry walked out the back door quietly to not wake anyone up. Tiptoeing out to sneak away seemed to be a common theme for their time together. It made Louis reminisce on their time on X Factor sneaking out of their bedroom, rehearsals, or shows to sneak a kiss or a hug behind blankets or curtains.

"Don't worry! You'll love it!" Harry said as they got outside. Doncaster had the classic air of the holiday, with chimneys running warmly and the smell of burning firewood contrasting with the light aura of white snow covering their driveway in perfect Christmas Eve affair.

They wrapped themselves up in big coats and scarfs that almost felt suffocating but in the good way. It luckily wasn't as cold as usual in Doncaster today, but it was still a bit uncomfortable if you weren't moving up and around. Harry had pulled his phone out of his pocket and was currently calling a cab to their house as Louis tried to warm himself up by huffing air into his mittens.

He was overwhelmed with how glad he was that Harry was there at this moment. This entire day hadn't really gone to his expectations, but as long as Harry was there it was as good as he could've wanted. Having him around made him laugh and enjoy each moment, but in addition it made him feel like he was special in a way he wasn't used to. He felt his bones aching a bit from the cold, matching his brains exhaustion from the day of taking care of his family, and he wished he could snuggle into Harrys neck and stay there for eternity after today.

My own gift? I had to even pick out my own gift... Take care of the girls on my birthday... Take care of Mum on my birthday... do it all. Everyday.

No exceptions. No complaints.

Not exactly what I expected...maybe I shouldn't complain. I love my family. I do, and I'm lucky to-

"Hey!" Harry interrupting his thoughts. "Don't think so much. You're with me and that's it right now okay?" Harry said as if he was reading his mind. He reached out and pulled Louis by his hand in to kiss his forehead—a risky move in Louis' opinion since they were outside his house, but he decided to quit thinking for a moment and simply allow like Harry wanted him to.

"Okay. Not thinking." Louis said smirking, to which Harry only laughed and kissed his head once more as the cab pulled up.

Still..thinking. Just less obviously.

"Peasefield Road please." Harry said handing the driver a wad of cash that seemed about right for an hour cab ride. His eyes widened at the money and he nodded, seemingly shocked by Harrys amount of money for a sixteen year old.

"Peasefield? Harry that's like an hour away. No wonder is so expensive. Let me help." Louis said reaching in his back pocket to pull out money trying shove it in Harrys hand.

"No way! I'm taking care of you,
remember? And yes I know it's an hour! It's perfect. We'll get there just in time." Harry said shoving the money back in Louis' backpack.

What in the hell does he think he's doing? Louis thought fondly as a smile creeped onto his face. He went over just about seven hundred different possibilities in his mind before settling on not thinking at all and laying himself down so his head was in Harrys lap. Harry adjusted himself so Louis could fit comfortably and began running his fingers gently through Louis chestnut hair, making his eyes feel heavy.