Story 88: Doll Maker: Part: 7

Next Day

Namjoon woke up, rubbing his eyes as he sat up.

He noticed Jin wasn't on the bed, he assumed the older boy went to work.

He got out of bed and changed into a grey shirt and black pants, he put on his shoes and left the room.

He walked downstairs as he made his way to the kitchen.

He froze as he saw Jin was in the kitchen, his back towards Namjoon.

"Jinnie? I thought you went to work."

The older boy kept silent.

"Jinnie?"

"Why did you threw him out?" Jin finally spoke.

Namjoon widen his eyes.

"What? I didn-"

"He told me Namjoon, how can you throw away your own son like that?!"

"Jin, that thing is not our son. Can't you see that? It's just a doll!"

"He is not a doll!" Jin screamed as he turned to Namjoon, he then grabbed a knife from a drawer.

"Calm down Jinnie...put the knife down" Namjoon spoke slowly as he tried to keep his composure.

"You never liked our son from the start. Ever since we got him back you've distant yourself and failed to be a father!" Jin spat as he gripped on the knife tightly.

Namjoon stepped back.

"I always prayed for a miracle when he died, now my prayers were answered yet you did nothing."

"Jin, his death has been hard on me too. I tried to help you, we can't let this thing take over of what's left of him." Namjoon tried to reason with the boy. "He may look like him but he is not nor will he ever be our Jungkook."

"You're right..." Jin looked down as his grip on the knife lossened. "He isn't him..."

Namjoon sighed in relief as Jin put the weapon down.

"Now, let's get rid of the doll and-"

"It's already too late daddy."

Namjoon turned his head with wide eyes.

Jungkook walked towards Namjoon, gripping on the stuffed bunny.

"I am already Jungkook" he grinned. "We don't need you no more."

"Wha-?"

Jin wrapped an arm on Namjoon's neck as he choked the boy.

Namjoon gasped for air as he tried to escape Jin's grip.

"You never loved me daddy, so me and mommy decided it's best to live without you."

Namjoon continued struggling as he started to see black spots in his view.

"Sleep now daddy, mommy and me will be happy again."

Namjoon grit his teeth and kicked Jungkook away, causing Jin to release him as he ran towards the younger boy.

Namjoon gasped for air, coughing as he quickly ran up the stairs.

He ran over to their shared room, opening the door then put the lock on it then slammed the door shut.

He knew he can throw Jin off by locking their room and hide in his study, then escape silently and call someone for help.

Namjoon sped to his study room and got inside, turning off the lights as he left a small gap of the door open.

Namjoon covered his mouth as he saw Jin ran up the stairs, carrying Jungkook.

He began banging on their room hard.

Namjoon slowly opened the door, he stepped out of the room, heading towards the stairs.

He quickly went down the stairs as fast as he could.

As he was about to reach the bottom floor, he slipped on one of Jungkook's shoes and fell down.

He groaned in pain, his ankle sprained from the fall.

He looked back up at the stairway, seeing Jin and Jungkook looking down at him.

Namjoon tried his best to reach to the front door, wincing in pain.

The sound of footsteps coming down grew louder.

Namjoon grit his teeth, trying to get away from them as fast as he could.

Namjoon leaned towards the wall, slowly lifting himself up.

He reached to the doorknob, he opened the door, about to walk out and call for help.

Only for Jin to bring him back in and close the door.