4 - All I Wanted was You

Y/N POV
You were close to finishing your call with Tommy, and Nick and your mom went out to get groceries, so you went into the kitchen with your phone in your hand, still talking with Tommy.

"Hey Y/N?"
"Yeah TomTom?"
"Can you sing?"

I immediately dropped the bread in my hand (rip bread)

"Why do you ask Tom?"
"Well, I just think your talking voice is lovely, so I thought maybe your singing voice was even prettier."
"I don't know, i've always been insecure about my singing voice, Tommy."

Was that really true? When nobody was home, you used to hit those high notes in the shower, or in the kitchen. Somewhere with echo was the best place. It took some convincing, but I guess I gave into Tommy's puppy eyes.

"Alright, alright. I'll sing"
"POG! Can i request a song?"
"Sure TomTom! :)"
"All I Wanted was You, by Paramore"

I dropped my phone on the counter and muted myself. Did he just say... what i think he said? I've been practicing that one note for months, I never got it. What is he thinking? I cant do that. I'm so bad at that note. Oh god. Oh fuck. Shit. I promised. Fucking fuck.

"Hello? Earth to Y/N?"
"Sorry Tom, I accidentally muted"
"No worries, you ready?"

You sigh.

"Ready as i'll ever be."

"Think of me when you're out, when you're out there"

I saw Tommy move closer into the camera, i'm so embarrassed.

"I'll beg you nice from my knees"

Tommy had stared wide-eyed into the camera, was he shocked? Holding in his laughter? What was he doing?

"And when the world treats you way too fairly. Well it's a shame I'm a dream"

I see Tommy in the corner of my eye put his phone to his ear, Im not ready. Im not ready. Im no-

All I wanted was you.

All i wanted was youuu.

The beat dropped. Oh god.

"I think I'll pace my apartment a few times. And fall asleep on the couch"

Thoughts were running in my mind like suicide drills. I was scared. I don't think i can hit this. All i thought about was that note.

"Wake up early to black and white re-runs?
That escaped from my mouth."

I see Tommy get really excited. Only meant one thing.

"All i wanted was you."

It's. Next. I-I got this.

During the break of the song, I heard Tommy say:

"You can do it, cutie."

"ALL I WANTED WAS YOUUUUU.
ALL I WANTED WAS YOU.
ALL I WANTED WAS YOUUUUU."

I gasped for air, and see Tommy flipping shit in the corner. I hit the note? Why now? Was it because I was with Tommy? Did his presence just give me good luck?

"HOLY SHIT Y/N THAT WAS SO GOOD WHAT THE FU- SORRY MUMMMM"

I had laughed to myself, I really did that. I was shaking from nerves. My voice was raspy, sounded like I just woke up.

"Thank you Tommy, I was practicing that note for months and never got it, I guess you gave me good luck."

I see Tommy blush and say; "It's no problem, YOU DID FOCKING AMAZING THOUGH."

"BAHAHAH THANK YOUUU"

Guess I didn't realize. Nick walked into the bathroom and just stood at the doorway shocked. I mean the door was open but SOME PRIVACY?? Jeez the disrespect.

"NICK HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN THERE WHAT THE HELL"
"Long enough to hear you sing, don't worry Moms still outside talking with the neighbors"

Tommy was silent. I stare at my phone and see he fell asleep on call. He's kinda cute when he sleeps. I muted myself to not wake him up and took a couple pictures.

"Nick please tell me it didn't sound bad"
"y/n it didn't sound bad."
"sounded horrible?"
"no."
"like trash?"
"nope."
"like the garbage disposal that is super loud and disgusting?"
"NO Y/N IT WAS GREAT"
"Oh. wait really?"
"Oh my gosh stop, you sounded angelic"
"well thank you Mr. L/N"

He had giggled and walked over to go get groceries from the car. I didn't help, didn't really feel like it. Was too shaky over the whole thing that just happened.

-TIME SKIP WOOP / TOMMYS POV-

I woke up really early today, i slapped my dumb alarm clock quiet and it hit me. I stayed on FaceTime all night. I saw Y/N asleep on the other call, and my mind just went wild. But 1 thought was the biggest.

"She's so cute."

Stop. What am I saying? She's Sapnap's sister, he'd fly over and kill me. Wait. I'm so smart. Just like the man i am, an idea popped in my head.

Vote or i'll steal your kneecaps /j
(i will say this every chapter, thog don't care)

A/N - Ugh this one really sucked, I had that song stuck in my head for days now, so I wrote this in contribution to Paramore.

N E WAYS, i have a good idea for next chapter, but it will kinda be a filler just like this one. It'll help the story later though ;)

PS: Tommy's idea will not be shared until chapter 8 teehee