33 - Debate

I let my feet hit the hard concrete as I spawned in the Dream SMP. I was greeted by a lot of people in chat.

Indigo joined the game.
The_Eret: hey!
Quackity: sup!
Nihachu: hi!
Tubbo_: indigo! :D
Indigo: hi everyone! hi tub :)
TommyInnit: INDIGO VC3
Indigo: SIR YES SIR

I joined the vc to absolute silence.

"H-Hello?"

"Y/N, CAN YOU BELIEVE IM WINNING A DEBATE TODAY." Tommy shouted.

"We are winning a debate today!" I corrected him.

"Wait, y/n, are you debating on our side?" Wilbur asked.

"Yes sir! Anything for you guys!"

I smiled as we walked towards the court, which was going to be used as the debate section. We quickly took our seats and waited for our turn.

"Indigo and... jschlatt."

I blanked. I'm just a friend of theirs, going against the presidential candidate? I stood up and walked up to the podium.

"Jschlatt, what do you plan to bring to L'manburg?"

Jschlatt said his stance, giving a couple shade comments towards my team.

"Indigo? Thoughts?"

"I apologize for my foul language, but it's all bullshit."

Jschlatt chucked.

"You think giving the country things that we've already given is funny? Jschlatt, do you even know the countries history? Our laws? Our citizens? Have you even bothered to even step into the place, and explore it?"

Schlatt kept silent. I started pacing a small bit.

"You don't care about the country, now do you? You don't crave a good country— you crave power. But if the day comes, and you stand on top of the podium, and look every L'manburg citizen in the eyes, what will you see? Fear? Compassion? Love? Hate?"

You could basically hear Tommy's smile.

"You don't seek for a good country. You seek for acceptance, a thing that you can't even give yourself! If you tell me right now that you have full confidence and faith in what you're saying, your doubt will shine brighter than ever. Jschlatt, you—

you're scared, aren't you?

You're scared that a woman, much younger than you, can speak better than you. Don't even try to deny it. You hear the fear in your voice— the trembles in your legs— the stutter in your words. Now tell me, citizens of L'manburg.

Do you want a president that has no faith in his statements? In the statements that can declare you life or death?"

Tommy gave me a small thumbs up, i nodded and continued.

"You might say i've given Jschlatt not enough time to explain himself, but look at him."

Silenced filled the room.

"Cant even stick up for himself. When the day comes, and we stand on the podium, who do you want to see? Someone who's confident? Or someone who has no idea that lives are in his hands?

But think about it in this light. You look at your fellow citizens. Your friends, family, and even complete strangers. You're all bonded by strength. By dignity. By power. But not power that Jschlatt seeks. The power that you each have in your hearts. That power can be taken away from you if Jschlatt wins."

I cleared my throat to be interrupted by Schlatt.

"I have Georgenotfound on my team, Indigo. Do you really think you'll win?"

"I have something that you will never have, Schlatt. I have confidence."

"Confidence? Putting yourself before your friends is confidence? It sounds like your self-absorbed."

"Self-absorbed? Tell me, was I self-absorbed when I helped Wilbur from being killed by Quackity, even though he kicked me out of L'manburg? Was I self-absorbed when I took you into the infirmary after Quackity controlled you? How about when I helped Purpled when he was knocked out by Quackity? Do you notice what I'm saying, Jschlatt? All these issues— they all happened in front of me. And yet, I put them in front of myself. Do you also realize that Quackity has been the issue the whole time? Every war, every fight, every argument, he's been the issue?"

Silence once again.

"Jschlatt, when I stated that I had confidence, that was in no way trying to challenge you, to get your blood boiling, none of that. I said it because it's the truth. You'll never be as confident as I am with my words. Don't lose that in your head. Keep that in your thoughts. If you ever forget, give me a ring, I promise you, you will never forget that an 18 year old woman just demolished you in a presidential debate she wasn't even supposed to be in."

Tommy cheered and Wilbur ran over and gave me a huge hug, lifting me off the ground. I walked back to my seat and sat down, listening to the other candidates argue over the smallest things ever.

"I'm gonna use- I'm gonna use-" Shut the fuck up, georgenotfound." Wilbur said, which erupted our side in cheers and claps.

"SHUSH GOGY." Tommy shouted, making him shut up.

"This is your FUCKING president" Wilbur screamed, Tommy cheering afterward.

I laughed along and continued listening to each side. Then a topic came up, which made me want to run out the god damn court house, even though it was pouring rain, and I didn't have water resistant clothes on.

"Indigo's "kidnapping."

Those words boomed through my head.

"Tommy and Quackity."

My head shot up from my hands, shocked that they were the last ones to debate.

The debate went on and on. It ended terribly.

"She did kind of deserve it." Quackity said, silence filling the room. I got up and ran out, the rain pouring harder than ever.

Now Playing: Bad Liar - Imagine Dragons

I ran through the rain as hard as i could, the puddles of water below me splashing on my black jeans. I ran until I was out of sight, the rain covering my tears.

Pleads were screamed from the court house, and I heard Tommy's arguing from miles away. I didn't turn around. I didn't go back. I didn't want to be there. I didn't want to see him at all.

I made it to a plains biome, the grass soaking wet, my ponytail slid down my head from the running, my jacket having water dripping down the sleeves.

I screamed out all the pain I had inside. I couldn't hold it back anymore. I burst into tears, and fell to my knees in the middle, the moon shining on top of me. I stayed there for a while.

"Wish I could erase it, make your heart believe, but i'm a bad liar."

I sobbed quietly at everything that was happening. My boyfriend falling from my grasp, my kidnapper close to becoming president of my country? All this happened, and yet I acted like i was okay. I never had anyone to tell, nor did I want to.

time skip

My crying calmed down, and I started to walk back home. I met a couple foxes who rustled between my feet, and a horse, who was following me. I tamed him, and named him Percy. I rode on Percy until I made it home. I walked Percy over to L'manburg, and put a book near the horse.

"This horse is for Tubbo. His name is Percy, I tamed him a couple hours back. Take care of him.

- y/n"

I walked back to my secret base, and slept there. It was still raining, and this point thunder was booming throughout the country— the noise becoming too much for me. I fell asleep, but didn't remember.

The election was in less than 24 hours.