Chapter 1 - The Start Of The End Part 1

(Y/n pov)

Hello, my name is Y/n. L/n Y/n to be exact. I'm currently 16 years old and goes to a high-school in Tokyo with my friend, Subaru, who rarely shows up to classes. I would be lying if I said that I was not worried about him. In fact, I'm really worried about his future.

Subaru goes a class higher than me, so he's kinda my senpai? Either way, we lived right next to each other ever since my family moved there when I was 13. Subaru and I got along well, and we did a lot of things together, including gaming, reading manga, and watching anime.

Actually, he's much more of a shut-in than I am, but he still trains his body, so there are some opportunities for him to get a job, right?

Currently, I'm outside of a convenience store, waiting for him to get out. I have already bought my stuff. It was night time, and it was cold! Good thing I took a scarf with me.

Y/n: "Where is he? That guy... I'm going to leave in five minutes if he does not arrive here."

After a while, he finally came out.

Y/n: "Why take you so long? Are you a turtle or something?"

Subaru: "Hm? Oh, sorry about that, Y/n. Anyways let's go home."

Y/n: "Hahh... Fine."

A car drove past us as Subaru started looking at it. I sighed and started walking when I noticed the surrounding started to change along with a voice inside my head.

Thinking of it as a hallucination because we have been staying up too long, I started rubbing my eyes. A bright light suddenly blinded my vision for a while, at that point, I was a bit confused.

When my eyes got adjusted to the light, I felt even more confused by the sight. There were humanoid creatures and humans, all wearing medieval-style clothes like from video-games I used to play.

Even the structure has changed to an old-style fantasy RPG building! And there was even a sun when it was supposed to be night time!

As I was thinking about all of this, Subaru started speaking.

Subaru: "This stuff obviously isn't fake. Which means... So does this mean... We've been reincarnated into a parallel world?!"

When he said that, I widened my eyes and dropped my grocery bag.

Y/n: "Ehhh?!"

***

After a while, we walked through the street to explore the place. It is still an unknown place to us, anything could happen.

Subaru: "I guess we can assume this is a fantasy world with typical medieval-style culture. A realm where demihumans are commonplace, and probably stuff like wars and adventures as well. And here I'm..."

Before he could finish, a child screams could be heard. Turning around, we could see a child was going to be driven over by a giant reptile that was pulling a carriage.

???: "Hey!"

???: "Watch out!"

Subaru: "This is it! It's my turn! This must be the event where I produce my first magic!"

As he did his weird pose, nothing happened. The child was luckily saved by a guard. Thank god... People started to cheer for him as Subaru was left dumbfounded.