Chapter 22 - Finding Rem

(Third Person Pov)

Y/n, Subaru, and Ram were walking inside the dangerous and dark forest; trying to find Rem; Ram's dear sister that had gone inside the forest; trying to save Y/n from his fate of being the mabeasts snacks.

Ram: "You gave a pretty heroic speech back there. But when I see you close to becoming nothing but baggage, it's difficult to hide my disappointment."

Subaru: "I'm still recovering, so my energy is spent, and someone is hanging on my back... Oh, and I didn't get to hear Emilia-tan say, 'See you soon.'"

Glancing at Y/n, who was on Subaru's back, Ram could let that one reason go. Still... She found it lazy that even though Y/n did not have a good physical body, he still should try and walk with them and not Subaru carrying him.

As such, she went to him and grabbed and put him down and scolded him a little before turning her head to Subaru's face.

Ram: "Until you say, "I'm home," last night's "See you soon" is still in effect."

Subaru: "I-Is that how it works?"

Ram: "Besides, didn't you get something from someone other than Emilia-sama?"

Grabbing the sword he got, Subaru grabbed the handle and pulled the sword out before he returned it to its sheath.

Subaru: "Yeah, something really awesome. "

Flashback

Back when they were getting to leave the village to find Rem, one of the villagers gave both Subaru and Y/n a sword each.

???: "Take this. It's the sharpest sword in the village."

Subaru: "Thanks, man."

Y/n: "It's been a while since I've held a sword. I will use it to the best of my abilities!"

???: "We're counting on you two."

???: "Subaru!"

Suddenly, a childish voice was heard closeby to where they were. Subaru and Y/n turned around only to see a flock of children. And since they were not here for him, Y/n walked away and waited for them to be finished.

Subaru: "Hey, you guys! You're awake?"

???: "Where are you going?"

Petra: "Back into the forest?"

Lucas: "Don't go back there, Subaru!"

Subaru: "I'll be fine. Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere."

Mild: "What's the sword for?"

All of them asked in concern and curiosity.

Subaru: "This?"

???: "It's a thank you gift from all of us."

Petra: "I want to thank you, too!"

Subaru: "Hey!"

Group of children: "You can have this! And this!"

They all went to stuff all kinds of stuff inside Subaru's pocket as Y/n watched his friend in amusement.

Flashback end

Grabbing one of his pockets, candy and a glowing rock was seen in his hand.