Chapter 27 - The Royale Meeting Part 2

(Third Person Pov)

Priscilla: "It's obvious what he would say."

Priscilla, the blond-haired woman and also one of the candidates to the throne, spoke up in a calm manner after calming herself down from the sudden shock she received.

Murmurs started to take over the entire hall as people started speaking in their minds.

???: "Y-Yeah, how could he side with the devil?"

???: "Haha... I was scared there for a moment..."

???: "There's no way he would help her; she is the incarnation of the witch, after all."

Several rumors started to spread around Emilia, causing Subaru to be pissed-off by their attitude.

Subaru: "Shut up! Emilia-sama isn't a bad person! Y/n, tell them!"

Y/n: "Well, I have to agree with Subaru; Emilia isn't a bad person at all, however... I need some time to think about all of this..."

Subaru seemed to be in relief that Y/n chose to defend Emilia, but he was also confused and annoyed as to why Y/n didn't just say that he would also support Emilia after everything she did for them.

Roswaal: "I understand; this event is a shock to everyone, after all."

Y/n: "That aside... How do I make this disappear? It won't even let go of my hand."

Pointing at the katana with (f/c) scabbard, Rosawaal smiled and told him exactly what he should do, which he did, and the katana transformed into light particles before disappearing to the bracelet on Y/n right hand.

Now standing beside Rosawaal, Y/n watched the conflict between Subaru and Julius. Julius stared at Subaru with his yellow eyes.

Julius: "You said that you would make Emilia-sama the ruler of Lugnica, but... Do you have the resolve and strength to do that?"

Subaru: "I don't have anything as grand as resolve, and I'm well aware that I lack strength. But I'm going to make Emilia the ruler! I'm going to make her wish come true!"

Julius shakes his head after hearing what Subaru said. He replied.

Julius: "Do you not feel that your answer is too arrogant by far? Weakness is something to feel shame, not pride, about. To earn the right to stand here, have you worked hard? Have you done enough service to shame us, the Imperial Knights?"

Subaru: "I'm still going to make Emilia the ruler!"

Julius: "I fail to understand... After being so denied, why do you continue to stand here?"

Subaru grabbed both of his fists tight as his body started to shake.

Subaru: "Because she's special!"

When he said that, Julius became surprised by his words as he held a surprised expression before turning back to normal.

Julius: "I understand and accept your reason for standing there. But I do not think I can acknowledge you as a knight."

He exclaimed and started to walk away.

Subaru: "What are you..."

Julius: "Anyone who inspires such an expression, on the face of one they wish to stand beside, cannot be a knight."