Chapter 16 - Starting Over Again Part 2

(Third Person Pov)

Outside of Rosawaal's mansion, two people could be seen, running towards no destination, no goal. They were just running away from the problem.

Subaru: 'I ran. I ran away. I ran away from them. I can't go back there again.'

Falling on the ground, Subaru started to gasp for air. Y/n, who stood right behind, looked at Subaru with his multi-color eyes. Showing his emotions that were swirling around like an endless whirlpool.

He didn't gasp for air, nor did he say anything. He just stood there, confused at what he should do now.

Subaru: "What choice did I have? What could I... And I was having so much fun!"

Y/n: "Why..."

Looking behind, Subaru could see Y/n face. Tears were falling from his eyes as his eyes kept changing colors, making Subaru confused.

Y/n: "Why did you leave them, Subaru? I could have saved the entire situation. And the cost for everyone's happiness was only one eye. Just one eye. So why..."

Trembling, he stared back at Subaru with a heterochromia eyes color of red and blue. Showing his anger and sadness over for his friend.

Subaru: "I... I didn't know why I did it as well. I'm sorry..."

He stared down at the ground. His face was written full of shame and guilt. He wanted to go back, but he's just too afraid to do so.

Y/n: "Subaru, do you... Remember our first promise back at Japan?"

Staring at Y/n, who's eyes were now blue, Subaru could clearly remember the promise they'd made. It was one of the most important days for them, after all. How could he forget about it?

Y/n: "We've promised to support each other. No matter what. So... If you really want to run away, I have no choice but to follow you. But at least try to solve this problem first."

Subaru: "I..."

Y/n: "Subaru, I don't want to live with this guilt any longer, so, please... Save them. At least let me save them if you won't."

Taking down a deep gulp, Subaru stared at Y/n blue eyes. His expression became somewhat determined as he stood up and held his hand out to him.

Subaru: "I may have a plan, but I want to show it to you first."

Y/n: "Ok, I trust you for now."

Accepting his hand, Subaru started to run as Y/n follow him from behind. They ran and ran until Subaru spotted a cliff.

Reaching there, he stopped running and slowly walked over at the edge of the cliff. Staring down, he could see several rock formations that would surely kill anyone who decides to jump off the cliff.

Subaru: 'If I close my eyes and take one step, it'll all be over. What will happen to us if we die again?'

His body was shaken with fear as he was too scared to do such a thing as his body fell to the ground. Y/n looked behind him with two widen eyes.

Y/n: "Subaru, you don't mean..."

Subaru: "It's just one more step... I can't even... I can't even do something so simple."

Y/n: "Subaru..."

The wind flew by as time passed by.

***