Chapter 25 - Return to Start Point

(Y/n Pov)

I'm grounded...

I'm grounded...

I'm seriously grounded...

Y/n: "Why am I grounded! It's so boring!"

I screamed with my lung out as I held my head up. A week had flown by since the incident with mabeasts. It has also been a week since I've been grounded by the owner of the mansion, Rosawaal.

I can't even go outside of this room. Why? Because he had set up several barriers and spells that prevent me from escaping without his permission!

At least he gave me a magical bell that would notify Ram or Rem when I needed something. Even without it; both of them would sometimes come to my room and keep me company.

The only thing I could do was either reading, eating, playing, relaxing, or train my magic. It became boring after a few days...

So when after a week, Rem came to pick up. She also told me that I was no longer grounded. It was the happiest moment in life when she told me that. Though, this isn't how you should treat a guest by grounding him/her as if they were their parents!

I followed her to Rosawaal's office and Subaru was talking to Emilia about something.

Emilia: "Well, see, we aren't going for fun. I received an important summons-"

Subaru: "If it's important, all the more reason! Aren't you in a battle for the throne? I want to help you? Please!"

My ears perked up when the word 'battle for the throne' slips out from Subaru's mouth. Hmm... A battle for the throne, huh?

I decided to butt in at their conversation and sneaked behind Subaru.

Y/n: "What'cha talking about?"

Subaru: "Y/n! You've not grounded anymore, are you?"

I proudly patted my chest with my hand and huffed.

Y/n: "Of course not! I am now a free man, and what's this about the battle for the throne stuff you guys are talking about?"

I looked at them excitingly. This is an opportunity for me to leave this place! Even though I love this place, being locked up in a room for a whole week had made me even more adventurous than normal.

Emilia: "Um, well..."

Rem: "Emilia-sama, Y/n-kun have been locked up in his room for a whole week. And I think that he would like to return back to the capital since it had been a long time for both him and Subaru-kun. By letting him go there, he might not do something reckless here again."

Y/n: "I didn't know if you tried to support me or insult me, but thanks anyway, Rem."

I said with a fake tear.

Roswaal: "Well, I would have taken Y/n-kun with us anyways. And Subaru-kun, you do need to receive treatment."

Subaru: "Huh? Treatment?"

Roswaal: "You overused your already-exhausted gate in the mabeast battle... Treatment would tend that wound. You met the emissary earlier, did you not?"

Subaru: "The cutesy-face with the cat ears?"

I froze at the moment when he said that. Did he just say a cutey with cat ears?