Chapter 31 - Return

(Third Person Pov)

When he came to his mind again, Y/n found himself inside the carriage with O/n floating in front of him. This time, he didn't scream or become surprised by the strange sight.

Standing up to his feet, he let out a yawn and went outside of the carriage to greet his purple Earth Dragon, Kansan. As he greeted the creature, O/n popped up from behind and looked at him with a bored expression.

O/n: [What do you want to do now? Save them again?]

It took a while before a reply came from him.

Y/n: "No. Subaru might die, and the effort that I have built up would just collapse again."

O/n: [What are you going to do now, then?]

Y/n: "I'll return to Rosawaal's mansion. Most likely, they would have already left the capital after a while now..."

O/n: [Ok, then I'll go back to sleep. It had been a long day for me as well.]

Transforming into light particles, O/n returned to the crystal on his hair-clip. Y/n smiled as he continued petting the purple lizard on its head.

After a while, they continued their journey, but Y/n made sure that Kansan would keep up enough speed that they would go past Mill Gray and reach Lifaus Plain before they could have an encounter with the Blood Witch's Cultists.

It wasn't his problem. He offered them his help, but they repaid it with pain. He did not want to feel that again.

***

It's been a few hours now since they had continued the journey. As he felt the wind blow on his face, Y/n suddenly came up with an idea.

Y/n: "Kansan! I'm going to try something on, so stop for a bit."

Kansan stopped on her tracks. She started to breathe heavily as Y/n gave her some water to refresh herself with. When she was done, he went to pet her head before getting licked by her tongue.

Her sticky salvia was struck all over his face as he held a disgusted expression' at her actions' as he started to wipe all of those salivae off of him.

Y/n: "Jeez, I know that you're happy for me, but aren't you too happy for someone that you only had just met a few days ago?"

She titled her head as if she didn't understand what he meant. He sighed and wipes off the last salvia before staring back at her. Holding out his hand in the air, he extended it in front of her as he chanted a spell.

Y/n: "Akra."

He whispered. A golden veil of light appeared en engulfs her entire body. Feeling a new sensation that her physical strength had risen, she looked at a boulder nearby and went for a kick. The boulder was instantly smashed by her feet as it crumbles down to pieces.

Seeing how strong his Earth Dragon had become, Y/n let out a whistle of impressiveness. What's more, ever since that day where he fell on the blood lake, the gate in his mana had grown a lot.

Kansan quickly came to his side when she heard the whistle as she weakly rubbed her face with affections against Y/n's body. He giggled shyly at how his Earth Dragon's action and returned the affection as well by rubbing her head.

Y/n: "All right, let's go and see how fast you have become. My mana won't hold forever y'know?"

Sitting back at the carriage, he gave her the signal to start to run. And as she did that... A heavy blow of wind hit him so hard he almost fell backward into the carriage. He had a small drop of tears coming out of his eyes as his clothes blew all over the place, even having his scarf blinding him for a few seconds before he managed to move it away.