Chapter 28 - Conflicts

(Third Person Pov)

Just as Y/n got ready to sleep, he heard a knock on his door. He wondered who could it be that was knocking on his door this late?

Y/n: "Coming~!"

Opening the door, he saw Subaru; his eyes were swollen. Before he could say anything to him, Subaru quickly grabbed his collar and yelled at him.

Subaru: "Y/n! You bastard!"

Sending a punch to his face, Y/n fell backward. He held the spot where Subaru hit him in pain and looked at him in confusion and anger.

Y/n: "Subaru, what the hell do you think you're doing!"

Subaru: "Shut up! So not only did you want to take the spotlight but also Emilia away from me?!"

Y/n: "What the hell are you talking about?"

He asked confused.

Subaru held a furious expression. He wasn't thinking right and looked at Y/n as if he had betrayed him.

Subaru: "Don't talk as if you don't know! You... I saw both of you together on the balcony!"

Remembering the moment he had with Emilia today, Y/n became even more confused by his friend's rash judgment.

Y/n: "Yeah, but... I originally wanted to share it with you, but she said that you were asleep, and I didn't want it to get cold, so..."

Subaru: "Lies! You're lying! I can see it on your face!"

Y/n: "Subaru, calm down-"

His voice didn't go through Subaru's head as he sent another punch after Y/n's head, which he dodged by stepping to the side.

Feeling conflicted at what he should do, all Y/n ever did was to create a wind barrier to keep his Subaru away from him.

Y/n: "Subaru, you've gone crazy! What the hell is going on in your head!"

Subaru: "You have everything that I wanted at your hand! When we first arrived here, you were the one who received the power, the one who had an unknown status! And yet... yet... All I've received was this damn curse!"

Tears started to fall from Subaru's face as Y/n watched him in shock. That was until he started to laugh crazily, scaring Y/n, whose face started to become pale.

Subaru: "But you know what? Between the two of us, I'm the one in control here! Your curse is to follow me! So if I wanted to fix the problem now... I can always do it, and you will have no choice but to follow me!"

Y/n: "..."

Subaru: "It was my power that made it so we could come this far, not yours! If it weren't for me, you would already have died a long time ago! Without me, everything would have ended on the first day! You owe me a debt that can never be paid!"

Y/n: "Subaru..."

He felt hurt by his words. But it might just be only a tip of the iceberg of what Subaru has been through. While he was the one who received this power to protect himself, Subaru got nothing. He had to work hard from zero while he had received this cheat...

Was it his fault? Maybe...

Y/n: "Hey, Subaru..."

Moving his face to look at Subaru, staring at the hateful gaze of him to himself, Y/n did something no normal person would do in that situation. Instead of looking back at him with anger and hateful glare, he looked at him calmly, a smile formed on his face.