Chapter 5 - Lost Memory

(Third Person Pov)

Opening his eyes, Subaru found himself back at where he had started once again. Staring around, he saw the shopkeeper he never got the name of yelling at him.

???: "What's the matter, boy? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Subaru: "I have no idea what's going on anymore..."

He suddenly lost unconscious and fell down.

Later on, Subaru was splashed by water by someone as he woke up and saw the shopkeeper and Y/n...

???: "Are you okay-"

Subaru: "Y/n!"

He suddenly yelled, surprised both Y/n and the shopkeeper as he went to hug him tightly.

Y/n: "Yes, it's me, Subaru. What the hell are you crying for?"

Subaru: "Y/n, don't you ever do that again!"

Y/n: "Do what? Aside from seeing you get killed while holding hands with Satella, that is."

Hearing this, Subaru looked at him in confusion only be looked confused back from Y/n. The shopkeeper looked at both of them as he thought both of them had some screw loose.

Subaru: "Y/n... Don't you remember Old Man Rom, Felt, or Elsa?"

Y/n: "I do remember Old Man Rom, he's the guy who is acquaintance with Felt, right? But who's Elsa?"

Hearing what he said, Subaru started to shake visibly as he let go of Y/n, who looked at him in concern.

Y/n: "Subaru, what's wrong? Are you ok?"

Looking behind him, Subaru could see a familiar silver-haired female that was walking across the street.

Subaru: "Hey... Wait..."

Y/n: "Subaru?"

Subaru: "Wait! P-Please wait!"

He didn't listen to Y/n as he kept running and left Y/n alone with the shopkeeper. Turning his head to the shopkeeper, he quickly bowed.

Y/n: "Sorry, and thanks for your help earlier."

???: "You welcome, but your friend is acting weird, and why did you say the witch's name so casually?"

Y/n: "Witch's name?"

He gestured Y/n to come closer as he whispered into his ear.

???: "Actually, it's the name of the jealous witch, Satella. It's a name you shouldn't say out so casually."

Hearing this, Y/n was shocked. He quickly ran towards where Subaru was as quick as possible. The name that the silver-haired girl gave them was a fake? But why? Was it just an alias, or is it something more?

Seeing a crowd in front of him, he knew he was way too late. Subaru and... The silver-haired elf is there.

Y/n: "Subaru!"

He yelled, forcing his way through the crowd. He managed to catch up with his friend and looked over at the sharp purple eyes that were staring at them.

Satella?: "Who are you? Are you with him too?"

She was annoyed and angry. Is he an acquaintance of that man who just called her the name she hated the most? Don't they know about the witch's name?