Chapter 13 - Investigation

(Y/n Pov)

The same thing happened again, with the same loop, just with different settings. This time, I accepted the full education that Rosawaal gave me.

Right now, I was walking beside Subaru, who told me how he had died. He told me that he heard the sound of chains before dying.

Since this is my 'first day.' In the mansion, I was free of studying and was also free to explore the place so that I could familiarize myself with it.

Subaru: "But how am I supposed to gather information? I guess I'll start with some indirect questioning..."

Y/n: "Wouldn't that just make you more suspicious?"

Subaru: "Perhaps, but it's the only idea I could think of right now."

He suddenly stopped and stared at the window. I did the same and saw Rem taking care of the earth.

Subaru: "That's where I fell."

Running out t

o her, I followed behind. I was in my normal clothes from Japan, but I took off my scarf since it was warm.

Rem stared at us as Subaru stared at her with an apologetic look.

Subaru: "Sorry for the trouble..."

Rem: "Of course. If you'll excuse me, sir."

Subaru: "Wait. I didn't even get a chance to talk."

For the past hours, we went to search through several rooms to no available. There was just nothing suspicious, and everything seemed fine. Not at the eating hall, I was started to get tired and a little bored of this investigation for today.

Subaru: "I don't see anything out of the ordinary..."

Suddenly, we heard the sound of chains as we looked behind us only to see Rosawaal, the owner of this mansion and the best mage of Lugnica.

Rosawaal: "What do you not see?"

Subaru: "Ros-chi... Don't scare me like that. It's misleading."

***

Now we were in Subaru's bedroom. I was sitting on his bed while he was writing all the causes of his deaths.

'Magic - died of weakness in sleep.

Sound of chains.

Roswaal's chains X

Misleading!!'

Those were words that he wrote down in Japanese. He had just had a study session with Ram, and I happily participate in it even though I have already learned most of it from the previous timelines.

A knock on the door could be heard.

Y/n: "I'll go get it!"

Getting up from the bed, I went to open the door. Behind it, Rem was there with a tray of teas.

Ram: "Hello, sir. I am here to bring you both teas."

I nodded and let her in; It felt strange for her to call me sir. I know that this is our first day meeting each other, but it isn't for me.

Ram: "Here you go, sir."

Subaru: "Oh, thanks. Want to drink it with us?"

Ram: "No, thank you, sir."