Chapter 26 - The Royal Meeting Part 1

(Third Person Pov)

Currently, in the street of the kingdom of Lugnica, three people were walking around. Those people were Emilia, Subaru and Y/n. As they kept walking, Emilia asked them a question with a quiet voice, but it was loud enough for both of them to hear it.

Emilia: "That girl from before..."

Subaru: "Huh?"

Emilia: "Where did you meet that girl? And how?"

Subaru: "What's this, Emilia-tan? Are you jealous? Are you actually getting jealous over me?"

Y/n: "I'm here too, you know-"

Emilia suddenly stopped on her track, which made the two boys stop theirs too. They wondered why she stopped as they looked at her in confusion.

Emilia: "Subaru, Y/n..."

Looking at them, her eyes seemed to glow under the bright, orange light as she stared at them with a serious expression.

Y/n: "Emi? Something's wrong?"

Subaru: "H-Huh? Emilia-tan, why the serious face?"

Hearing both of their responses, Emilia quickly went back to normal. She stuttered with her words a little bit.

Emilia: "N-Nothing... If you don't know, it's fine. Forget it."

***

Inside a carriage, Al was scratching his head as he watched the blond girl take a bite of the appa Y/n gave her.

???: "Oh! It really is an appa! That rude boy was right after all, huh."

***

It was night. Emilia and the others were staying at a mansion. The light was still on, indicating that they were not asleep.

Subaru: "Huh? I have to stay here tomorrow?"

Emilia: "Of course you do. That was our agreement all along."

Subaru: "Yeah, but we never reached Reinhard, right? So if we go to the castle tomorrow, we might see him..."

Emilia: "I'll be sure to ask about Felt."

Subaru: "But I should go in person to-"

Emilia: "That is exactly why I can't take you with me. If I do, you'll push yourself too hard again. I don't want to let you do that. Understand?"

Subaru: "You're the one who doesn't understand... If I have to push myself to help you, I will. I want to push myself!"

She closed her eyes and looked down for a while before looking straight at Subaru with a determined face.

Emilia: "Absolutely not. Until your body fully heals, no using magic or pushing yourself! Promise me, Subaru."

Subaru: "All right. I promise. I won't use magic... So let me go with you!"

Emilia: "I can't bring an outsider into this. So please wait here with Rem, all right?"

He looked down in disappointment. Noticing this, Emilia walked over to him and held his hand.

Emilia: "I'm asking you, Subaru... Give me the reason to trust you."

Subaru: "Can you at least answer me this question. Why does he get to go with you?"