Part 12

A few hours rolled down and it was late evening now. You walked around the living room of your apartment with worried lines playing on your forehead. "Just call them on the landline and ask for it" Minie says, seeing you frown with tension.

"First I do not know their landline number and second I am not calling them or him" you blurted straight, huffing out. You have forgotten your phone in the mansion itself as you were so in a hurry to get out of there. You sure were hating yourself at this moment for not having a filter in your mouth.

Only if you could go back in time and undo the done…!

The ringing of the doorbell bought you out of your thoughts. You were about to walk up and open the door but your gut feelings immediately alerted you. Minie crooked her brows as she saw you take small steps towards the door.

Seeing through the peephole of the door, your doubts came into reality as you saw him standing there. "Oh my god!" You widen your eyes and turn around to see a confused Mini. "Open the door y/n." You vigorously shook your head but flinched when the doorbell rang again.

"Mi-Minie go and open it and if h-he asks about me then…" you fumbled while thinking of an excuse. "...then just tell him that I am not feeling well and I am sleeping. Okay? Understood?" You held her arms. "Why? Who is there?" "A monster. Kim Taehyung" you grumbled before rushing inside your room leaving a perplexed Minie behind.

"Umm...hello." Taehyung cleared his throat seeing an unfamiliar woman open the door of your apartment. "Please come in." Knowing who he actually was, Minie tried being extra polite and guided him inside before leading him to sit. "Where is y/n?" Taehyung asked after wandering his eyes around the place.

The apartment was medium sized and comfy, no doubt you didn't accept the apartment which was provided by the company. "Well….she…" Minie fiddled with her fingers, contemplating what to do. She didn't want to lie to him and neither wanted to put you in any trouble. Seeing her hesitation, Taehyung somewhat guessed what might have happened.

"Will you have something?" Minie smiled awkwardly at him while her eyes travelled behind him towards your bedroom door from where you were peeking out. He, being the keen observer which he is, understood that something was fishy. "Just a glass of water" he smiled at Minie who hastily walked towards the kitchen.

Taking this advantage, Taehyung stood up and took a sharp turn only to see a head pop inside a room making him smirk a little. "Such a silly girl!" He murmured to himself. Here, you instantly jumped on your bed before getting inside your covers. You mentally cursed yourself but still prayed to your stars to save you this time.

"Miss Lee." You widen your eyes under the duvet as soon as his sharp tone pierced through your ears. "I know you aren't sleeping, so it would be better if you get up." You made a crying face to yourself but still didn't budge. "Right now Miss Lee!" He commanded.

"Fine. I came here to return your phone but I guess you don't want it." You made an 'O' shape as his voice seemed to be near you. "Okay I guess you really don't want your phone back." He sighed momentarily before you heard faint footsteps. You raised your brows, grinning to yourself for not falling into his trap.

Peeking out your head from under the covers you got down from the bed, your eyes stuck at the door before you let out a huge relieving sigh. "Huh! He thought that he could trap me!" You smirked, patting your back. "I am Lee y/n! My brain runs faster than-" "your legs?" "Of course!" You laughed but paused immediately and froze on the spot.

He was here, all the time, standing behind your bed but you were too engrossed to look at the door that you didn't look behind you. You frowned to yourself as he stood right behind you and the smirk which was playing on your lips was now marred on his. You looked in front of you and then rolled your head beside you.