Part Seventeen: Why keeping a serial killer?

~Osomatsu's POV~
"Since Y/n didn't knew how old he was, we said he is nine and the day he came to me was his birthday. Since then, he was living with me until he was 16 years old." After Haruna finished, I hum and lean back into my chair. "Can I ask ... why you weren't scared of him?" She gives me a soft smile and close her eyes, saying: "Because he was child and my little brother."

I hum and glance down, taking a few moments to think about what she told me. "I know it sounds strange, but ... I never had a family. My mother died when I was a baby and my father was drinking every day alcohol. I always wanted ... to happy family. A mother who is very kind, a father who treats me right and a younger sibling I can tell about everything he needs to know." Haruna says with a sad smile, looking down to the ground. "But he was killing much people, even as a child. Why-"

"He was child who didn't knew what a family was." Haruna interrupts me. "Y/n said, his parents got rid of him when he was very young. He couldn't even remember he had parents until I explained him where babies come from. Y/n grew up on the streets, always fearing every day would be his last one if he doesn't watch out. He didn't knew what was wrong and what was right, because no one told him. Only when he killed the people who raped others, it felt right for him. Sometimes he was so scared that he just left without a word and came back with a look of relief after killing someone. For him, was killing his life and it meant for him he is able to protect himself."

I hum and look at her with half closed eyes. " ... Did you tried to help him?" "Yes. I didn't let him watch the news and he couldn't read, so I wasn't worried for a while about him looking into the newspaper. He couldn't speak normally, he couldn't read, he had very strong trusting issues and he never cried. Y/n was ... looking almost empty inside. I'm sure he killed people, because he felt something by that. If it was happiness or something else, I don't know. But I was giving him time and let him often decide what he wants to do, because I wanted to see him smile. Can you image this? A child who doesn't smile when something good happens to him or doesn't cry when he hurts himself?"

I take a box tissues and hand it over to Haruna, so she can wipe her tears away. "So you say, it's not his fault for ending up like this?" I ask her calm. She shakes her head while wiping her tears away. "He was just a child who didn't knew it better. After he trusted me, he was letting me explain to him what feelings are. You don't believe this, but he looked so cute and innocent when he tried to show his emotion. Y/n was just a child who needed someone who shows him kindness. I guess ... I just used him. I wanted a family so badly ... that I even let a serial killer into my life. ... You must think I'm insane, right?" She laughs sadly, tears falling down from her face.

" ... I won't judge you, miss. Besides ... I'm sure Y/n would had ended up as a killer who would had killed everyone who just glanced at him. If you ask me, you saved him from ending up as a monster." I say calm, closing my eyes while saying this. Haruna sniffs and let out a shaky sigh. "Thank you."

"Can I ask something about the day Y/n got caught from the police in your apartment?" Haruna looks surprised, but nods her head. "I don't really know much, but from what I was reading in the report ... he had a broken arm killed five men. Two of them had a cut by their throat, two others got stabbed into their chest several times and even beaten up vey bad in their face ... while only one of them got biten into the throat and the flesh was laying next to him."

Haruna sighs softly and looks unwell down, rubbing her right arm a bit. "I'm sure Y/n wouldn't be in prison now if this never had happen, but I also wouldn't had a husband and a child now. You see, Y/n-"

But suddenly, the door from my office gets kicked open. Ichimatsu stands panting in the door way. "Number 28 got suddenly insane! He wants to kill number 57!" I want to stand up, but Haruna is faster and runs suddenly out of the room. "Wha-" "You can't go there!!" I yell after her and quickly stand up, running after her. Ichimatsu follows quickly.