Chapter 9

Bayliy sat on her balcony smoking a much needed cigarette in the early parts of the morning. Just then her phone buzzed notifying her she had received a message, a small smile spread across her lips. She knew exactly who it was as she picked her phone up.

No doubt it was Austin. A few weeks have passed by and the two of them have become considerably closer, he would sit with them during lunch. They moved from awkward acknowledgement to giving each other hugs as greetings.

Austin: you up?

Bayily: yeah...

Austin: get ready I'm coming to get you.

Bayliy: right now?

Austin: yeah is that a problem?

Bayliy: no. Where are we going?

Austin: it's a surprise.

Bayliy quickly finished her cigarette before going into her room. She looked down at her bare legs, she only had on a baggy t-shirt that she slept with. She went into her closet and pulled on a pair of blue jeans, she changed her t-shirt for a black hoodie then pulled on a pair of black sneakers.

Her phone buzzed again, she checked it to see it was Austin telling her he was outside. She grabbed her phone and left her room, sneaking out the back door she casually walked through the woods surrounding her house and met Austin on the road.

"Hey Beautiful" he said opening the door for her, "hey" she greeted giving him a hug. They got into the car and drove off, "did we really need to do this right now?" She asked watching the road. "Yeah I have something to show you" he said as he kept his eyes on the road.

The drive was peaceful, soft music playing on the radio the crisp early morning air coming in from the windows. Austin drove them to the docks, "What are we doing here?" Bayily asked looking around. There was no movement, complete stillness.

"Come on" he said parking the car and getting out. Bayliy followed him all the way down to the shore, "Here sit down" he said holding her hand. He walked her over to a big rock they sat down next to each other. They took in the view as the sun started to rise and cast the most beautiful hue of orange, white and pinks.

Bayily leaned against him and placed her head on his shoulder as a breeze past them and swept her hair back. "It's beautiful just like you" Austin said turning to look at Bayliy. She blushed and turned back to the water.

"Bayliy I brought you here to tell you something" he said pulling away from her and standing up. "What is it?" She asked standing up with him, "a while ago my dad died" he said holding her hand in his. "I'm sorry" she said quickly, honestly she never had to console someone before and she didn't know how to. In the gang if someone died they were honoured with a traditional gang funeral and then they kept it moving.

"It's okay it wasn't your fault" he brushed her off, "when he died I didn't think I was ever going to be happy again until I met you" he said looking her in the eyes. "Bayliy knowing that you're around me makes me happy. That's why I wanted to bring you here, to my special place" he looked out at the water.

"I come here to do most of my thinking, I feel like I can connect with my dad here. And that's why I brought you here to make sure I'm doing the right thing. I don't think I've ever done anything so right in my life until now" he said holding both her hands.

"Bayliy I like you, I really like you a lot. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Bayliy was shocked she never expected this, she knew deep down she wanted it to happen but she didn't really have time to address the feeling that came with it. One thing was for sure though, she liked Austin a lot too and maybe her feelings just went a little further then like.

"I like you too Austin and I'll be your girlfriend" she did finally. Austin beamed and a toothy smile spread across his face as the a ray of sun fell over him. Bayliy hadn't seen anyone as handsome as Austin was in that very moment.

He grabbed her and pulled her in for a tight hug, "you have no idea how happy it makes me to hear you say that" he said holding on to her. "We're one more step closer" he whispered to himself but Bayliy had heard him. She pulled away and looked at him with a raised brow. "Closer to what?" She asked.

"To each other" he smiled and pulled her in for another hug and stroked her hair. "Okay this is sweet and all but I'm starving now" she laughed pulling away.

"Let's get out of here" Austin laughed and they headed back to the car. Afterwards they got pancakes for breakfast before Austin left her at home. "Thanks for the adventure, I'll see you at school" she said about to get out of the car. "Wait" Austin said stopping her, she turned back to look at him.

He places a hand on her cheek and pulled her closer before leaning in and pressing his lips to hers. They pulled away and Austin smirked at Bayliy before giving her a wink. "See you later" he said, she got out of the car in a daze. She glanced back at him to see him smiling at her.

She walked through the woods with a lazy smile on her face, she walked to the house and entered through the kitchen door. "Where have you been?" Blake asked coming down the stairs, "out for a walk" Bayliy replied the smile still on her face. Blake raised an eyebrow at her but didn't say anything else.

Bayliy started to climb the stairs but stopped and turned back to look at Blake with her brows furrowed. "Have you lost weight?" She asked looking at his visibly thinner frame. Blake stopped and turned back to her slowly, "no must be the training" he shrugged.

"Okay" she replied and continued up the stairs.