C H A P T E R 1

[1]

《 5 years ago 》

T H I R D  P E R S O N

"Mommy? What are you doing?" the 10 year old girl asked, curious as to why her mother had a tiny bottle of some weird orange liquid in her hands.

Annika, the mother, was sick of her disgusting daughter, who got all the attention from her husband and her sons. The little innocent human being was pathetic and nothing but disgusting in her mother's eyes.

Today was the day where Annika would get rid of little Alaska. She prepared some drugs to sedate the girl, then she would stab herself and put the knife into her daughter's hands, to make it look like the little girl stabbed her and was on drugs.

The girl's eyes widened as her mother pressed a cloth on her mouth. She didn't expect it and sucked in a deep breath. She soon started to feel dizzy and began to see black dots. Her mind was spinning as the darkness consumed her.

Annika took that as her cue and pushed the knife into her stomach. She bit her lip in order to prevent herself from screaming, since the maids shouldn't find out just yet. She put the knife into her little daughter's hand, right before she blacked out.

Two hours passed by until Alaska slowly started to gain consciousness again.

When she opened her eyes, they instantly widened in horror. She was lying in a pool of blood, but it wasn't her own. She looked to her right to see her abuser with a big stab wound in her stomach.

'What's going on?' she thought.

All of a sudden the door burst open and her father and brothers stormed into the room. They froze at the sight; their little sister's tiny hand covered in blood, a knife resting in her palm, and their mother's motionless body in a pool of blood.

They started to panic and to scream and shout. It was hectic and the little girl then noticed the knife in her hands.

She screamed, as she saw droplets of blood rolling down her hands, and threw the knife away. The girl curled herself up as her father and brothers yelled furiously at her. She had never seen them like this, so angry and scared; they had never even cursed in front of her before.

She was terrified, her hands trembling. 'I didn't do it!' she wanted to scream to defend herself, but she wasn't able to. No matter how hard she tried, no words would come out of her mouth, so she cave in. She just sat there and watched as doctors ran into the room and took her devilish birth giver away on stretchers.

After a while, the girl proceeded what had happened. Her mother made it look like she stabbed her, she wanted to get rid of Alaska! And the worst thing was, it probably worked. Her brothers' looks were filled with so much hatred and disgust, she was afraid of even breathing in their presence, not wanting to fuel their anger any more. Nobody had asked what happened, they all just accused her of doing something she never did.

A week passed by and the mother woke up from a short, by her unplanned coma. She was confused for a few hours but then she came back to her senses. She accused her daughter for being on drugs and stabbing her evilly.

All the brothers believed her without thinking twice. All of them were livid. Their sister was on drugs AND tried to kill their mother.

They didn't even consider the possibility of their mother lying to them, or their sister being innocent.

So in the end, the father decided to ship her off to a boarding school for delinquents with rehab.

Her family despised her, while Alaska's heart broke into millions of tiny little pieces. Every look or word full of hatred from her family, felt like someone stomped onto one of the pieces again and again, until nothing was left anymore.

She couldn't believe it. They wouldn't even listen to her. She felt so alone and defeated. For the first time since her mother abused her, she truly felt pathetic and helpless.

The next day, she was sent off to the boarding school in England. Nobody was there to hug her one last time or to wish her luck or anything. Not even the maids or the driver looked at her.

《 Present 》

That's the day where she lost all of her hope. Her family believed her tormentor more than her. 'They never loved her, they just pretended it in order to break her', was what she thought of them.

She had built up walls around herself. Gigantic ones, higher than skyscrapers, yet thinner than she thought they were. She became a troublemaker, who didn't give two shits about the people around her, but she had a soft spot for puppys.

(A/n: I just had to write that, sorry. Haha.)

She had a resting bitch face and fought a lot. No teachers dared to even look at her in the wrong way, they were afraid to lose their jobs, since her father still was the most important businessman in America and the boss of the most powerful Mafia, well at least did the rumors say that.

Whether it was really true, would always stay unanswered for people like those teachers.

Her family and especially her mother haunted her in her dreams though, and she grew to hate those people, who broke her, with a burning passion.

Now, after 5 years, she has to return home. Nobody wanted to have her back, but the feeling was mutual.

She also found out that her father remarried, after Annika died, and she now has 5 stepbrothers, who also hate her to the core.

Will the truth ever come out?

Hey there,
this kinda turned out like a prologue but I don't care 😂

I didn't mention her two bestfriends btw, since you will find out more about them throughout the story ;)

Vote | Comment | Follow

- L I S A