C H A P T E R 3

[3]

A L A S K A

As I weaved my way through the crowded airport, I scanned the room for the driver

As I weaved my way through the crowded airport, I scanned the room for the driver. His name was William. He was a very kind man and very patient with all of my 'brothers'.

His wife Maria was the head maid and he had two little twins. A girl and a boy, who had been still toddlers back then. I think they were around 10 years old now.

When I spotted him, the first thing I noticed were his hair. His once pitch black hair have turned into a light grey and his stubble has turned into a full grown beard. As he spotted me, his face didn't send me a warm smile like he once did. Instead, he sent me a slight glare but tried to cover it up with a blank face.

Maria and Annika were bestfriends since college, so of course she bawled her eyes out when my birth giver fell into a coma.

They, like everyone else, blamed me for everything, so I alreday expected him to not jump into my arms. But I didn't think he was still this mad after 5 freaking years. Jesus, they're throwing a tantrum over this motherfucking bitch, who is most probably even high in her after life. Or maybe she is in hell and is doing drugs there. Who knows.

Anyway, I made my way over to him with the same expression as his. A glint of shock was evident in his eyes as he saw my hard glare and cold expression.

I am not the stupid, naive little girl anymore, Willi.

I briefly nodded at him and put my luggage into the trunk of the car, before I got into the passenger seat. I tugged my earbuds in and played the song 'So alone' by SikWorld.

(A/n: I will most probably put some of the songs I listen to into my stories. The songs are mostly ones, that kinda relate to the story or one of the characters. This song is up above)

I didn't even try to make conversation with William, so I just listened to my music and got lost in my thoughts.

After a while, we eventually pulled into the driveway of the mansion, that I once called my home. It still looked the same: a beige facade, white windows with flowerpots underneath them, huge doors and the bushes in front of the broad way, that was leading to the entrance of the mansion.

I sighed and got out of the car, slamming the door shut out of frustration and anger. I was a person, who bottled up emotions inside of me. I didn't show them, until I exploded, whether that was crying until there were no tears left or punching something until my knuckles were bloody.

I grabbed my luggage out of the trunk and made my way to the big double doors.

I didn't wanna go in there, since I knew exactly what I would get there. Cold glares, blank expressions and insults. Insults for something I never even did, may I add.