C H A P T E R 16

[16]

L E O N A R D O
(Youngest stepbrother)

I felt my insides churn once again and for the 5th time that day, I puked my guts out. I don't know if it was because of the extreme guilt of bullying Alaska or because of the stunt that I had pulled, but I felt so sick all day long.

It was 8PM and nobody even thought about having dinner. I guess we all didn't really have an appetite after the events today.

The very first time we came here, we weren't excited, but not pissed off either. Our father was a cruel man. He was the gangleader of the spanish mafia and would kill without a second thought. Whether it were men, women or even children. He just killed for the fun of it but since he was good at destroying evidence, the police never found out where all those missing people had disappeared to.

He would yell at us but he never got the chance to lay a hand on us, though he abused our mother. She, and my eldest brothers, would always try to shield us younger ones away from our psychotic father. They took all the hits while we were too scared to do anything. Six years ago, he had stabbed our mother and that was when Emilio, our oldest brother, exploded.

He . . . took revenge. He killed our father.

We didn't cry though. We didn't even care. We were happy that he couldn't hurt our mother anymore.

Well, she survived but after she got discharged from the hospital, our roles reversed. We were the ones that took care of her, whilst she was the one who cried herself to sleep. We learned how to be independent and we learned how to defend ourselves.

Emilio took over the position as the boss of the spanish mafia with Mateo, our second oldest, as his second in command. He changed a lot; he became cold-hearted and always put on that perfect poker face of his. He didn't soothe us to sleep anymore, nor did he read us bed time stories. He scolded us for every mistake we made and took our phones and stuff as punishment.

He took over the role as a father, but he was by far better than our biological one could've ever been. He also became a ruthless man who didn't care about other's feelings, but he never killed children. He was a very respected and feared leader because of his young age and his mercilessness. He became one of the most powerful mafia bosses.

After some time, our mother started to slowly break out of her shell, and she started to work at her fashion company again. She would also laugh and smile once every now and then.

Then one day she told us about some guy that she had met and that she was dating him for a couple of months already. We were happy for her, though also a bit surprised. But we really were, because we saw how good this guy made her feel.

But after one year, she told us she would get married again. We were honestly shocked but nevertheless we supported her. The happiness stopped the second she told us his name and about his children, though.

Thedore Hades would become our new stepfather. Another one of the most dangerous and powerful gang leaders would become what we were supposed to call a father. And to top it off, he also had six children.

Six sons.

The first meeting was in a private restaurant. Well, let's just say it was hella awkward. The Hades brothers glared at us 24/7 which we returned, whereas our mother was in her own little world with their father.