C H A P T E R 5

[5]

A L A S K A

Today was unfortunately the day, where I was supposed to start school

Today was unfortunately the day, where I was supposed to start school. That means, I will have to be around my youngest brothers and stepbrothers all day long, and I probably can't even avoid them.

Sounds fun, right? (Note the sarcasm)

Anyway, I slipped into some blue hoodie and black ripped jeans, and made my way down the stairs. The first thing I saw, were all of the assholes, aka my biologicals, sitting or standing around the kitchen island. They looked bored and pissed off.

I didn't bother to greet them and, instead, made myself some breakfast. Just as I was about to pour the milk into the bowl, it was snatched out of my hands. When I turned around, I saw Leonardo, the youngest of my stepbrothers, holding the milk in his hand, his lips quirked up into a smirk. The next thing I knew, was that my clothes were soaked wet with the sticky liquid of the - now empty - milk carton.

He didn't just do that, did he? Is he serious? Are we in kindergarten?

"You gotta be kidding me," I mumbled under my breath, balling my fists. Now I have to change my clothes and will most probably be late to school on my first day.

Great. Just great.

And what did my sperm donor do? He just watched everything with amusement in his eyes. And he wants to call himself 'father'? What a great one he is.

I stormed up the stairs and quickly changed into a new pair of jeans and another hoodie, before I ran to the front door and made my way to school. I alreday knew that no-one would drive me, so I had looked up the way to school on my phone already. The way was pretty simple to memorize, to be honest. The whole walk was only a good 20 minutes long.

As I walked down the streets, I bent my head and looked at the sky. It was still early in the morning, so the sky was colored grey and there were some faint stars catching my sight. It was also very foggy, but it gave me a warm feeling in the gut, however cringe that might sound.

Call me weird, but I always loved fall and winter the most. I loved the rainy and cold days, the foggy weather in the mornings and, of course, the beautiful colors of the leaves. When I was younger, I hated rain and snow, since it was wet and cold. It also seemed very depressive, and since I was a happy and naive little girl, I didn't like depressive or sad stuff.

Now I am different though. I love sad and deep things. Might be, because of my depression. I was practically a broken mess, craving for love. But the only people who ever loved me dearly were gone and I had no idea, where they were.