C H A P T E R 36

(Warning: death, violence and murder ahead!!)

[36]

A L A S K A

We didn't have enough time

What if we forgot something...?

What if something goes wrong...?

Is Xavier still alive...?

What if something happens to Leo while we're here...?

What if someone gets hurt...?

My mind was occupied by questions over questions that I just couldn't find an answer to as I sneaked into the abandoned building.

When I spotted some guards I quickly hid myself behind a wall and only after some seconds I aimed my gun at one of them and shot him straight in the head, making him fall to the ground with a thud whereupon the other three guards snapped their heads into my direction.

I shot another one in the chest before I quickly dodged a fist that was trying to punch me. I dodged another hit before I punched the guy in the stomach and kicked him with so much force that he was pushed into the wall behind him.

Before I could shoot him another guy aimed his gun at me which I quickly kicked away with my foot, sending his gun flying a couple of meters. He dodged my punch that was aimed at his stomach and took a hold of my fist, whereupon I kicked him in the balls, making him fall to his knees.

I put my gun on his forehead and pulled the trigger before he could even notice what I was doing.

Then I turned to the other guy who was standing up from the ground and running my way. I took a step to the side, making him run into the wall behind me, and shot him.

"Ok, I'm making my way over to the middle of the building." I whispered into my earpiece and carefully stepped over the dead bodies on the floor.

"Alright. Group one and three, get ready!" I heard my father demand on the other side of the line.

When I rounded the corner the smell of alcohol hit me, which made me gag slightly before I went on. My eyes wandered over to a man, probably in his forties, who was sitting on a couch in the middle of the spacious room. He was polishing a gun with a tissue, his one leg crossed over the other and a scowl resting on his dry lips.

"You're here." His voice sent shivers down my spine and I quickly hid behind the wall.

Did he mean me?

How would he know that it was me?

"Don't hide. Or do you want me to cut off one of your boyfriend's fingers?" He smirked.

"He spotted me." I whispered before I got out of my hideaway with my gun aimed at the guy.

"Shit. Group two and four get ready!"