C H A P T E R 2

[2]

A L A S K A

I had to go back

I had to go back. Back to the place, where my biggest nightmares started, where I felt the most unbearable pain I've ever felt, where I became the broken mess I am now.

After 5 years, my 'father' called the principal of the boarding school and decided to take me back in. After 5 fucking years, did he finally decide to call. 5 fucking years full of darkness, fear and loneliness.

But I became stronger, built up walls around myself; gigantic walls, to be exact. I didn't let anyone in, nobody knew the real me. I grew to hate my 'family' with a burning passion. I hated them for accusing me of something so terrible without blinking with an eye. They didn't even ask me what happened, they just believed that bitch blindly.

My 'mother' Annika. She abused me, both emotionally and physically. I never said anything, because she threatened to hurt Phoenix and the young, oblivious, stupid little girl I was, didn't want him to get hurt.

I thought he couldn't defend himself back then, but I guess he was more than capable of doing so, since his brothers would believe him everything and would always protect him. That's what I had tought they would do for me too, in the beginning, but I learned otherwise real quick.

He was once my favorite brother, the one who would always tuck me into bed, soothe me when I had a nightmare or read books to me, while I was sitting on his lap. The fact that he didn't believe me, hurt me the most.

His once warm and loving smile had turned into a glare full of hatred and disgust that night. Like all of my family members', if you could even call them that. They didn't consider me as family anymore, but the feeling was mutual.

Anyway, back to topic. My mother starved me, punched me, kicked me, slapped me and what not. She started when I was 8 years old, I think. Not sure though. The line between a couple of nasty words here and then, and bruises all over my body, underneath my clothes, where no-one could see them, was thin. Very thin. I've felt insecure and cut myself at the mere age of 9 fucking years, and all just because of my birth giver. The person, who was supposed to love and protect me.

A silent tear rolled down my face, as I remembered all the stares I got that night. My father, my brothers, god even the maids looked at me full of disgust. Nobody believed me. I guess not even the rats would've listened to me.

A knock on the door brought me back to reality. I grabbed my suitcase and my phone and opened the door to see Emily. She was hired to drive me to the airport.

You see, this boarding school was for rich kids, so everyone got their personal driver.

She sent me a small smile, which I didn't return, and walked towards the staircase. I just trailed behind her until we stopped in front of her car. It was a black BMW. Quite a beautiful car, to be honest. It wasn't too shiny and its size was perfect. I've always loved cars, but not those super expensive shiny things. No. I prefered the more ordinary ones, but with some creative input from me.

I always dreamt of putting a lot of stickers on my future car. But not unciorns and rainbows, more like some quotes, skulls and flames. It gave the car some character and it made it extraordinary.

I got in the passenger side, put my earbuds in and played the song 'Stupid' by Tate McRae. The corner of my lips tugged upwards as I remembered some memories. Emily looked at me shocked, before she focused on the road again.

I never smiled in her presence, well I never smiled in anyone's presence at all, but the mere thought of my bestfriends made a wave of happiness rush trough my veins. I wanted to see them again so badly, but I knew I couldn't. They moved away and I will probably never see them again. I wasn't angry, though. They didn't want to leave me either, but they had to.

You see, my bestfriends were my rocks to lean onto. I met them after two weeks in hell- sorry, the boarding school. They seemed to be troublemakers, since they were chased down the hallway by the principal.

The first time I saw them, they literally hid behind my back in attempt to escape the furious looking principal.

After a couple of months I warmed up to them, but I didn't fully trust them yet. We would always cause a lot of trouble together and just have fun. They were more of a family to me than my biologicals.

After three years, I finally told them my story and they didn't leave me, they believed me. They also told me their story and how they met.

The both of them were orphans as long as they could remember and they were in the same orphanage for a couple of years, but they never really paid attention to each other.

One day they got adopted by the same foster family and got closer to each other. Said family started to abuse them for years until one day, when they finally escaped. Their bond with each other became deeper and they grew to love each other, in a brotherly way.

When the police found two eleven year old boys on the streets and their DNA tests said, that there weren't any living relatives, so they got shipped off to this boarding school.

On the day, where I opened up to them, our bond became even deeper. We became inseparable and I trusted them both blindly. If they told me to jump off a cliff, I would do it without hesitation. I know it sounds weird but that's how it was, still is and always will be.

The day they left broke me, but I didn't hate them. I couldn't bring myself to do so.

I was left alone again. I became that emotionless shell of myself again. I didn't trust anyone and had nobody to lean onto, again.

"Miss, we arrived," Emily said all of a sudden.

I hummed in response, got out of the car, grabbed my suitcase out of the trunk and made my way towards the entrance of the airport. Once I was there, the double glass doors swung open automatically.

It was noisy and loud, and the smell of junk food hit my nose as I slowly made my way towards the waiting area.

I tugged my earbuds back into my ears and this time I listened to Lewis Capaldi's 'Someone you loved'. I closed my eyes and inhaled the cold air coming from the window next to me.

I glanced at my watch after about half an hour and noticed my flight would board soon. So, I made my way to gate 7 and gave the woman my boarding ticket. She nodded her head in approval, took my luggage and gestured for me to enter.

I searched for the seat 211 and when I finally found it, I sat down and yawned softly.

After an announcement and waiting for about an hour, the plane eventually started to move and soon we were flying. I looked out of the window and whispered a small 'goodbye' to the town I practically grew up in.

Some flight attendants came here and then to ask if I needed anything, and there was an elderly woman sitting in the seat next to me, who would tell me some stories about her grandchildren. She was a lovely and kind person. I could even see a sparkle in her eyes everytime she spoke about her family. She looked so proud and happy.

After a few hours, I eventually leaned my head onto the small window right next to me and closed my eyes. I still had my earbuds in and listened to some music from James Arthur as the darkness consumed me.

I woke up to someone shaking me. As I opened my eyes I saw the flight attendant.

She told me we would land soon.

Hey there, I just finished this chapter before school and just edited it.
I hope you like it

Vote | Comment | Follow

- L I S A