C H A P T E R 35

[35]

A L A S K A

"You look like a fucking tomato!" Lily exclaimed, clutching onto her stomach while she was rolling around on the floor, pointing her index finger at Jack who was trying to not spit out the cola in his mouth

"Idiot." I snorted and took a sip of my sprite.

"Fuck you." he huffed in annoyance when he finally swallowed it down and wiped off the sticky liquid that he had spat out onto his jeans.

The past few days actually looked pretty much like this. Me avoiding my boyfriend, Max and my family and the twins trying to lighten my mood with jokes or stories from their past, which were rather sad than anything else.

Let's just say their father was a really selfish and disgusting man, who only cared about power and his status. He looked down on people who were below him, which to him was everyone.

And their mother, well she was kind of depressive. She was mostly sleeping or crying so Jack and Lily had to somehow take care of theirselves on their own.

Jack was actually a nice guy, but he was very protective of his sister which was extremely adorable if you'd ask me.

And Lily, she was a very sweet and bubbly girl. She always had something to ramble on about and she never seemed to stop talking sometimes.

But I also saw their dangerous side yesterday. Some teenage guy couldn't keep his shit together and groped Lily's butt whereupon Jack broke his nose and some of his fingers, while Lily kicked him in the stomach with her heels.

They were quite a deadly combo to be honest.

Ok they only fought against a girl groping, perverted teenage idiot but still.

"Hey Allie, you ok?" Lily suddenly asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I just wordlessly nodded and sent her a small smile, indicating that I was fine.

I must admit that I let my guard down around them. I don't know how or when it happened but they were always around me in the past few days and I just lowered my walls a bit. Especially because they had seen me in my most vulnerable state when we met.

That's when my mind drifted off to Leo again. It was hard for me to laugh or to even smile lately because everytime I was about to do so, the image of Leo's unconscious body attached to dozens of machines pops up in my head, wiping off anything close to a smile.

He survived those 48 hours, yeah. But he still didn't show any signs of waking up and if he doesn't wake up until the end of the week, which was tomorrow, it would become unpredictable to know whether he will ever wake up or stay in that coma.