C H A P T E R 10

[10]

C O L T O N
(5th oldest biological brother)

The sight in front of us was horrifying.

The cafeteria was deadly silent. The only thing you could hear were groans of pain.

Alaska was covered in food from head to toe, while one of her bestfriends was beating the living shit out of Jared, some football player. He wasn't really that popular, but you knew him if you watched a couple of games here and then.

His face was covered in blood, one of his eyes was swollen and his face had turned into a mess of blue and green. He looked horrible to say the least.

"Leo! Come on, stop it! You will fucking kill him!" Alaska yelled urgently and a little bit scared. But she wasn't afraid of her friend, she was afraid of what might happen to Jared.

Nobody spoke or helped Jared, because they were all frozen in their spots. They just watched the scene with wide eyes. They were scared, no, terrified of this guy, who had just lost the control over his anger.

I have no idea why this was happening. Why was Alaska covered in food? Why was her friend beating Jared up? What the hell was going on?

"Fuck, Leo!" she exclaimed and tried to grab his arm mid air before he could send another punch to Jared's already bruised face. But shortly after she had grabbed his arm, he pushed her away with so much strength that she fell on her butt.

I would've laughed if it was so freaking exciting. I didn't really care whether Jared was put into the hospital or not, he was an asshole and didn't know his place, but I sure as hell wanted Alaska's bestfriends to be expelled. She doesn't deserve happiness. She's a monster, one who doesn't know what pain feels like.

I mean, who in their right mind stabs their own mother?

"Max, do something!" Alaska yelled at her other friend, who was just standing around with a worried expression.

"You know that I can't calm him down! Only you can do that! So, do something, goddammit," he shouted worriedly as he watched his friend.

Jared was already coughing blood, but still nobody moved.

"For God's sake, what am I suppo-" Alaska grumbled but cut herself off midsentence. She looked as if she had an idea as she looked back at her bestfriend.

She stood up and walked back over to Leonid, or whatever his name was. She grabbed his arm again, but this time she also grabbed his chin with the other hand and pressed her lips against his.

Gasps echoed around the room and my jaw dropped.

Did. . . did she just kiss her bestfriend? What the hell? Not that I care, of course. . .

I glanced at my brothers and saw they had the exact same expression as me, but there was also a hint of anger swirling around in their eyes. When I turned my head back to Alaska, I spotted a guy with a hard glare, sending daggers at the Russians.

It was almost as if he was jealous, but why would he?

Ricci is a very dangerous and powerful guy for his age. His parents had passed 3 years ago and his aunt took care of him ever since. He had to take over the position as the boss of the Italian Mafia at the mere age of 14, but in the end, he became one of the most powerful and feared men in the underworld, known for his icy glares and his ruthlessness.

My father was also one of those, but he on the other hand, was known for his barbarous torture methods. He was the boss of the American Mafia and he was a very ruthless and cold man. He became even more merciless after my mother's death.