fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"No, that's my favorite part!" Jay yells when Jared pauses the movie, and Paul looks over at her from where he's sitting on the floor.

"Then you have something to look forward to when we get back." He says as he looks over at her, and she narrows her eyes at him. "I need food, I'm starving."

"What else is new?"

"Shh, no arguing." Bella puts her hand over the younger girl's mouth and pulls her closer to her, so Jay sinks into the couch and rests her head on her friend's shoulder.

"What's for grub?" Jared asks, and Kim smiles as she looks at him. "No."

"Burgers!" Jay's voice is muffled by Bella's hand.

"Works for me." Jeremy agrees, and the oldest in the room nods.

"I could go for burgers." Henry says. "The diner down in Forks?"

"Dinglehopper." Jay smirks, and Bella chuckles. They've been watching The Little Mermaid because Kim freaked after Jay turned on Skinwalkers.

"That still isn't funny." Jeremy tells his sister.

"Yeah, well, neither are you, but we still keep you around."

"Haven't I told you two to play nice?" Henry questions as he gets to his feet.

"They never do." Bella shakes her head. "You should see them at lunch."

"Jay gets violent." Jeremy adds. "She threw an apple at me once."

"Maybe I threw it to you." The little brunette counters, and he quirks an eyebrow as he looks at her. "What? You caught it."

"No violence." Henry repeats, and Jay quickly gets up before jumping on his back. "Oof, damn kid." He mutters as he stumbles forward.

"I'm not heavy." Her eyebrows furrow.

"No, you're just a spaz."

"Oh." She shrugs. "I can live with that."

"Are we all packing it into my car?" He asks as he starts outside. "Or do we wanna take two?"

"I don't really want to drive my truck into Forks just to head back to the house and then back home later. I just don't want to drive it back and forth that much in the rain." Bella says, which he completely understands.

"So how are we doing this?" Kim asks.

"First, someone's gonna get the monkey off my back."

"Hey!" Jay smacks the top of his head before dropping down to her feet.