twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

"Make them shut up already." Jared groans as he sinks into the recliner that he always sits in with his girlfriend, and Bella chuckles as she glances over at him.

"They've been drinking. Good luck with that one." She says, watching the two younger girls as they sing Christmas carols at the top of their lungs.

"Who wants to play a game?!" Kim suddenly yells, and everyone looks at her. "Never have I ever." She smiles as she looks at her friends.

"I'm gonna get Kim drunk." Jay smiles as she goes to grab a beer for the game, and soon enough everyone is sitting in the living room.

"Who's first?" Jared asks as the youngest makes fun of the Root Beer that Bella's holding.

"Never have I ever been drunk." Bella smirks as she watches the other four all take a drink.

"Lame." Jay mutters.

"You try living with the chief, I think you'd drink less too." She argues, and the youngest just shrugs. "Who's next?"

"Just go around the room in order." Paul says, which makes Jay next.

"Ooh." The little brunette smiles, and he chuckles as he looks at her. "Never have I ever... Why is it hard to think of something good?"

"She's already struggling." Jared smirks. "What's that say about our quiet one?"

"That I'm not creative. Don't be mean." She glares at him. "Oh! Never have I ever broken a bone before." She says, and Bella, Paul, and Jared all take a drink.

"Never have I ever been out of the country." Paul says, and Kim and Jay take a drink.

"I've never tried to swim in the ocean in November because I was drunk off my ass." Jared looks at Jay, and she narrows her eyes as she looks at him.

"That's cruel, mister." She says before taking a swig.

"I've never been high." Kim goes.

"Stop ganging up on me!" Jay scolds the laughing Quileute girl before she and Paul take a drink.

"You've been high?" Paul asks, seemingly surprised, and she nods.

"Jeremy's not always the best influence."

"I've never had an entire pizza to myself, and ate it in one sitting." Bella says, making the two boys take a drink.

"I've never...been skinny dipping." Jay says, and Paul's the only one to take a drink.