|Chapter 1| ¿Home?|

3rd Person POV

Little seven-year-old Dipper was sitting in the back seat of his parents' car as they drove through the forest.

Mabel had passed out next to Dipper, she was slightly drooling and was holding a chocolate that was now half melted in the warm summer sun.

This summer, Dipper and his family were going to visit his great uncle Stan. That was what his parents had told him.

Dipper liked the woods, so he had agreed pretty quickly. Mabel was also really excited about the idea to go somewhere else this summer than stay at home.

"Mom? Are we there soon?" Dipper asked.

"Soon Mason, stop asking," his mother snapped. She could be really rude sometimes, but Dipper didn't get offended.

He knew she was really stressed and probably hadn't gotten much sleep the night before.

Dipper and his family had always had a problem with money. His mom was working three jobs and so was his father.

But at least they were doing their best, Dipper always told himself.

And they had also been driving for quite some time now, so his mom must be pretty exhausted. Finally, they arrived at a shack in the middle of the woods.

"Mystery Shack..." Dipper read what was painted on the roof. Dipper couldn't read that good, he was seven after all, but he read good enough to be ahead of most kids his age.

"We are here," his dad said and got out from the car. He opened the door where Mabel was sitting and tried waking her up. "Sweetie... sweetie, wake up. We are here."

Mabel slowly opened her eyes and looked around. They all got out from the car and headed towards the weird house in the middle of nowhere.

Their dad knocked on the door and an old man in a suit stood on the other side.

"Hi uncle," their dad greeted.

"Hey Christopher," the man said.

"Kids, this is your great uncle Stan," their mom said.

Mabel was still half asleep while Dipper was looking the man in front of him up and down, trying to observe as much information about the family member he had never met as he could.

Stan was tall and slightly chubby. He had grey-ish hair and an eyepatch. He looks like a pirate, Dipper thought, remembering one of the bedtime stories his mother had told him about a big scary pirate with an eyepatch.

"Hello kids," the man greeted with a big, yet tired looking smile.

The adults went inside and started talking about boring adult stuff in the living room while Mabel and Dipper decided to explore the shack.

Mabel had woken up a bit, and was now running around the house like crazy and screaming stuff like, "Dipper look!", "Oh my god, Dipper I think this is from the Stone Age!" and "Dipper! Dipper! This looks so weird!".

After the kids had gotten a good look on the house they started exploring what was outside.

"Don't go too far into the woods kids!" Their mom warned.

"Let them be. I mean, as long as the don't chop their own little heads off they will be fine," Stan added.

Despite what their mother just told them, Dipper and Mabel went deep into the forest. They couldn't help it; they were kids after all and what kids do is explore and be curious.

And they soon stumbled upon some of the weird creatures in the forest. Like fairies, gnomes who just passed by them like it was something normal, Dipper was pretty sure he heard a rock talk, but he wasn't sure, and they even stumbled upon some oddly small wolfs.