|Chapter 2| A f͓̣̙̀̆̚r̫͐i͍̬͒̓en̩̹͚̎͑͆d͆ͅ|

3rd Person POV

Dipper walked to the vending machine to get some soda since he was bored and slightly thirsty when the machine didn't want to work.

Dipper frowned and out of boredom he decided it would be a great idea to just click on the random buttons on the machine. And call it luck or misfortune, Dipper hit the exact buttons for the vending machine to open and reveal the secret lab.

Dipper looked around to make sure Stan wasn't anywhere near, and then stepped inside.

The elementary schooler was simply amazed by all the cool machines and other stuff in the lab, but what caught his eye was what was on the little wooden desk by all the machines.

Dipper walked closer and he saw that it was another journal, but this time it had the number 1 on the cover instead 3.

"What is this?" Dipper questioned. He took the book and studied it. It seemed to be from the same person who wrote the other journal he had.

Thinking that it was perhaps like a sequel of journal nr. 3, Dipper begane reading. It was really amusing, and Dipper had so much fun decoding the secret messages.

After two and a half hours of reading and decoding codes, Stan had noticed Dipper's disappearance.

"Dipper! Kid, where are you?!" Dipper heard Stan's voice from the living room.

Dipper hurried and took the book with him in his backpack and got up from the lab. He closed the secret door and hurried to where Stan was calling him.

.

Christmas eve was well... boring. Nothing much happened and the second he was done with dinner, Dipper ran up to his room and started reading the book again.

The journals were Dipper's only friends. They were the only things that brough Dipper happiness and some sort of comfort. Nothing else did, not even his family.

And just like that another half a year passed with Dipper having the same routine. He woke up, he went to school, he got home, he cried because of kids being mean or the teachers not wanting to help him, he would read and then he would sleep.

When he didn't go to school he would wake up, go to the woods, and read for the rest of the day and then go to sleep.

It was... tiring to say the least. Dipper was so miserable; he had learned pain and loneliness at such a young age that he barely remember how truly feeling loved felt.

But it didn't matter now, since it was summer which meant Mabel and his parents were coming back to get him.

Today was the last day of school and the second Dipper got home, he ran up to his grunkle.

"Grunkle Stan! Grunkle Stan!" Dipper shouted.

"What?!" Stan said a bit annoyed.

"Mom and dad are coming soon, right!?" Dipper couldn't stay still, and Stan smiled at how Dipper was jumping around.

"Yeah kid, they should be on their way soon," Stan patted Dipper's head. Stan knew Dipper was having a hard time, but he didn't have the time nor knowledge on how to help.

So,in fear to make things worse if he tried, he just kind of gave up on trying to be some parental figure, and just did the bare minimum which was to make sure Dipper didn't die.

"Yay!" Dipper shouted and ran up to his room. Immediately he started packing his things. There wasn't much, just a few clothes and the two journals.

That day, Dipper went to bed early, hoping when he woke up his parents' warm smiles would be the first thing he would see.

.