|Chapter 19| Playing savior |

3rd Person POV

Dipper woke up and saw that everyone wasn't there. All the beds were empty and neatly made (well most of them, some weren't made). It looked like the beds have been in this state in quite a long time.

Dipper stretched out his spine as it said a little pop sound. These beds really weren't what he was used to sleep on.

He groaned as he started to take in his surroundings. Dipper wasn't in the Fearamid. He couldn't walk up to the kitchen and expect warm served breakfast. Nor could he expect better clothes for that matter, he was still wearing the clothes Tad ripped.

And most importantly, Dipper couldn't expect to see any kind of friendly face in this shack. He needed to remember; everyone here is his enemy.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Dipper got up from bed and when he accidentally hit his head on the top bunk he was about to burn it out of rage when the door opened.

Dipper was about to shout something like: "get out this is my room!" when he once again remembered this in fact wasn't his room.

It wasn't because Dipper usually was like this, he just really wasn't a morning person.

Wendy was the one who had opened the door and smiled at Dipper as she saw he was awake.

"Finally awake?" Wendy walked over to her side of the room and took a bat that was laying under her bed.

"Yeah I suppose." Dipper mumbled. He didn't have time to be the Dipper who was really grumpy in the morning and the only thing he wanted was to get carried around the Fearamid by Bill.

"You better hurry upstairs sleepyhead, they are assigning missions." Wendy said as she swung her bat around.

"Missions?"

"Yeah missions. What? Did you think we were just going to stand around while the whole world is being taken over?" Wendy laughed.

"I... suppose not." Dipper said and did as he was told. He walked down the dark and dirty hallway.

It was actually quite creepy, the lights were flickering as they were pretty old, the walls had stains of god knows what kind of chemicals and the bedrooms looked more like cells in this lightening.

Dipper just hurried up the stairs and into the living room where many people were gathered.

"Dipper, I see you are awake." Ford was standing in the middle of the room and everybody seemed to have their attention at the scientist.

"Uhm yeah good morning." Dipper greeted awkwardly.

"Come over here." Dipper walked up next to Ford who turned his attention to the many people standing around him.

"Alright today we will just be going through the normal stuff. We will have six to eight people to provide food which is around two teams. Three teams will be clearing the grounds, three people on each team. We will have Mabel and Pacifica on the rescuing team as usual. Also, there will be around five people who will need to go searching for more unicorn hair." Ford started ordering around.

Dipper was fine with just standing there, at least he didn't need to do any work.

"Dipper you will be going with Mabel." Ford said.

"W-What?!" Dipper choked on air.

"Yay!" Mabel said.

Dipper's eyes widen. How would he even survive?!

Now don't get me wrong, Dipper could fight. He was powerful and wasn't a brat, he could work. The thing was that whenever Dipper needed to do something like that he needed magic.