Christmas

New Jersey is one of the most beautiful destination all around the globe. Every single day here is amazing and full of excitement.

Talking about winter, the cold winter months tend to make the pleasant and stunning city even more beautiful. New Jersey in winter looks like a different world altogether.

During the winter months, the temperature seems moderate with slow swings of winds. Snowfall in the town was about to begin. It was almost the end of November and the school declared it as the commencement of holiday, as well indicating the end of this academic year.

Mia and her friends have successfully completed their academic year and were about to get into senior year. And this was going to be their graduation year. They would no more be referred as teenagers.

December, this month was all about Christmas.

At the beginning of the month, they all agreed to meet every single day without fail. But it's been two weeks and 5 days and none of them had met at least once.

The holidays went on with messages and phone calls. Elena's mom and dad took her to her grandparents home for the Christmas, which was at Rockville, Maryland.

So, she wouldn't be at New Jersey with her friends to celebrate Christmas. It happens every single year, ever since they have known Elena.

It's a part of her family tradition to celebrate Christmas at her grandparents home where she gets to meet her uncle, aunt and her cousins from all over the country.

On the other hand, Mia prepared a family Christmas bucket list. And she tried to fulfill the things she mentioned in her bucket list.

MIA'S BUCKET LIST FOR THIS CHRISTMAS :
       ♡Go ice skating with dad and justin.
       ♡Go skiing with friends
       ♡Bake cookies with mom and Sponsor it to the foundling home.
      ♡Make hot chocolate by myself
      ♡Have a sweater party
      ♡Drive around and look at lights at night.
      ♡Prepare Christmas gifts for friends.
      ♡ Build a snowman (yeah, it's cringey)
      ♡ write a letter to Santa( cringey as well)
      ♡ take out beautiful Christmas photos with family and friends
     ♡ christmas movie marathon
     ♡ decorate a Christmas tree
     ♡ show kindness throughout the season.
      read  book each night before sleep.

In the past two weeks, she tried to complete few things from her bucket lists. She prepared cookies with her mom and delivered it to the foundling home.

Mia's dad took her to the ice house, which was opened for the purpose of skating. Competitions were organized by the authorities of the place and Mia participated in it. She got few prizes by winning the competition.

Mia comes here every year since her sixth grade, during her holidays to learn ice skating. She learned to make hot chocolate by herself. Justin and Izzy loved her preparation and asked more of it.

She purchased Christmas presents for her friends. She missed them terribly, missed having them around, missed their nonsense talks, missed their fights, missed the way they loiter around the school for no purpose.

She missed every single minute she spent with them. And it's hard to miss people. Missing creates a value for their presence. Mia missed the old days, a month ago when they met each other regularly at school.

The pain of parting is nothing compared to the joy of meeting again. She wished to meet them soon.