Chapter 15

59 Days Without Calla

"Harry if you keep leaving your shorts on the floor I will stab you." Calla threatens and I laugh.

"Well I guess I'll just take the beating then." I chuckle.

"You just love to get on my nerves, don't you?" She asks.

"No, it's just funny to see you get all worked up." Scoffing she shakes her head and takes a seat next to me.

"No I think you're just a dick." She smirks.

"But I'm your dick."  I lean in and connect my lips with hers. It wasn't a forceful kiss, more like slow and passionate. I smile as I pull back slowly.

"I love you." I grin.

"I love you too."

"Don't say too." I tell her.

"Why not?"

"Because it sounds like you're agreeing with me." She rolls her eyes.

"I love you." She corrects herself.

"Better." I wink.

"You're annoying me." Shrugging I look over to Amelia.

"She's been distracted with that thing all day." I point to Amelia who was shaking her rattle repeatedly.

"I told you she would like it."

"I know but not this much, she doesn't give me a fucking rest." I groan.

"Harry!" She gives me a slap on the arm.

"What? It's true, I can't sleep at night sometimes because all I hear is that fucking noise."

"Harry she's one." Calla glares at me.

"And? A lot of kids are one." I cross my arms.

"You're impossible." She gets up.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"To get a drink." She walks into the kitchen.

"Can you get me one?" I look over my shoulder.

"No, you're being mean to our baby." She fires back.

"Oh come on!" I throw my hands up.

She laughs softly and I avert my eyes back to Amelia who was staring at me with her bright green eyes.

"What is it love?" I walk over to her.

She giggles as I pick her up and place her on my hip. Bouncing her up and down I walk over to the window. Looking outside I see little snowflakes start to fall to the ground.

"Look at the pretty snow princess." I tell Amelia who starts to tap the window.

"You see it baby?" I coo.

She claps her hand in joy and lays her head on my shoulder.

Winter was here.

"You know this used to be my father's favorite time of year. We used to play in the snow for hours until we got tired, he would miss a day of work just for us to have fun. I never really understood at first what was so fun about snow until he told me the full meaning behind it, he said when snow falls, nature listens. I didn't understand him then, but now I do. To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold. He was like a walking poet, full of wisdom and peace. But one day we were under attack and my father had to fight in the war which left me and my sister and mother alone at the house. None of knew when he would return of if he return but I still had faith. So I waited outside in the snow for hours and hours hoping he would return so we can play in the snow but...He never came back. I was devastated when I heard that he didn't survive the war instead he sacrificed himself for the sake of the pack...And me." I explain to Amelia who didn't say a word as if she was listening.

"And since that day I despised the snow and Christmas because it reminded me of the days when I used to be...Happy." I finish, my eyes never leave the window.

"Oh, Harry." I hear a voice say from behind me. Turning around I see Calla with tears streaming down her face.

"What are you crying for?" I tilt my head.

"That was beautiful." She sniffles.

"It was just a little story." I shrug.

"No Harry, it's your past...Something you don't talk about very often." She smiles softly walking up to me.

"And now you know why." I say.

"Do I?"

Sighing, "Calla, some things are meant to stay in the past...Everything that happened when I was a child is history and I tend to keep it that way." I say sternly.

She lays her head on my shoulder and sighs.

"Will you ever let me in?" She asks.

"One day." Was all I say.

"Promise?" She whispers.

"The only promise that I will make is to keep you safe and I'll never break that promise." I avoid the question.

"Really?" I nod.

"Cross my heart. I'll never let anything bad happen to you." I vow.

"Never."

"I fucking failed her!" I cry.

I made her a promise that I couldn't keep and now there was nothing I can do but just sit here and play the waiting game. No one understands how hard it is to try to think positive when you've thought negative your whole life. I've never been the one to have to worry about anything because I felt like I had all the power in the world but now I have never felt so powerless.

"The decision I made...You couldn't have made that sacrifice but me I couldn't had lived with myself if I hadn't. I will always make the decision I made...I am not you. I tried to be but I'm not. Being Alpha was a mistake." I say staring down at the old grave.

"I'm sorry." I look down in defeat.

"I'm so sorry dad."

//

Harry finally opened up...A bit.

What do you think he'll do next?

Please vote and comment! 💫