Chapter 9

A muffled scream filled Yoongi's car on the side of the highway. Mina bit down so hard into the cloth in her mouth that she started to cut the fabric with her sharp teeth. She grunted in pain again into the fabric as Yoongi finally dislodged the glass. Her whole body was tensed and shaking from the burning agony she felt.

His eyes quickly looked up at Mina's pain ridden face. He quickly stapled the large gash shut which stopped the majority of the bleeding. He quickly pulled out his suture kit to start stitching up the rest of the wound, his hands quickly weaved the needle in and out of her skin. As Mina kept making muffled cries.

He pulled the needle in and out of her flesh with rapid but careful precision. Like a painter with his canvas he finished sewing her up.

The bleeding started to stop completely, but the pain didn't. Yoongi looked up again to see Mina coated in sweat and shivering now. She was starting to go into shock.

"Mina, I need you to keep your eyes open and relax. You are going to be ok. I'll get you some pain killers soon, right now I need you to stay strong for me" Yoongi didn't know what had come over him. He had an overwhelming urge to protect her, to care for her, to help her...

Her breathing was getting irregular "Mina" Yoongi tried to get her attention. Her eyes lazily gazed down at him as he finished disinfecting the wound and wrapping it quickly in a bandage. "I need you to be a strong for me, ok? Can you do that?" He replied softly but with concern all over his face.

She slowly nodded her head.

Yoongi quickly grabbed the plastic sheet and disposed of it into a trash bag and put away his medical kit. He grabbed a blanket from his trunk and rushed back to the back seat. He put the blanket over the sweaty shaking girl. She looked so pale. Yoongi brushed some of the hair out of her face "you did really good for me, now I need you to relax and think of that happy place from before. I will drive to a pharmacy and get you some pain killers"

Seeing her like this distressed him. Looking down at her sickly pale body reminded him of his childhood. His sister was always sick. She had epilepsy and her fits would cause her to look the same. After his sister was done shaking she would looks so pale, so out of it. Rather like how Mina was looking now. Yoongi would have to sit with his sister and reassure her everything was going to be ok until it had passed.

When his sister died, he lost this feeling.
This feeling of caring for someone... it no longer existed inside of him... until now.

Yoongi practically sped down the highway to the nearest pharmacy constantly checking her condition through the mirror.

After getting her the strongest pain killers he could find he helped her sit up to take them and gulp down some water. "Thank you" she weakly whispered.

Yoongi felt some relief that she was going to be feeling better soon.

He climbed back into the driver's seat as she closed her eyes to sleep.

Yoongi started to drive towards the destination again. They were going to Seoul.

An hour had passed before it started to get dark "Y-Yoongi" Mina croaked from the backseat "I-I need to eat"

"Oh" Yoongi didn't expect she would need to eat but then again, it had been hours now since all of this had happened

"Can we stop somewhere, please?" She begged

"I'll see if there is somewhere we can stop" Yoongi hadn't see a road-side stop in a while now, there wasn't much around this area he noted. Until he saw something, it looked like a motel, but surely they would have food.

Yoongi pulled into the motel parking lot and helped Mina out of the car. He was pretty impressed she had the strength to walk... well hop on one leg.

They walked into the damp and dimly lit reception room "do you have food?" Yoongi asked bluntly

"Huh?" The nerdy young man at the desk whose nose was buried in comics stood up

"Food. Do you have it?" Yoongi asked still holding Mina up

"What's wrong with her leg?" The boy looked at Mina's bandage

"Mind your own business and answer my question!" Yoongi snapped a little as he grew impatient

"We have mini bars in the rooms and ramen cups you can add the hot water to and eat"

"Ok give me some of these"

"Sir, you can only have the food if you book a room"

Yoongi's patience had run out "Look you little-"

"Yoongi" Mina placed her hand softly but firmly on his chest to stop him "maybe we should just take a room, it's dark outside anyway, it's better for both of us to take a rest"

Yoongi pondered her idea for a minute before agreeing.

"Fine we'll take a room"

"Ok, great" the boy replied "we have one room left... double bed ok?" He looked up with a devilish smile.

Yoongi barged into the motel room with Mina still clutching onto his shoulders for support.

"Last room in the god damn motel" Yoongi muttered under his breath "of course it is" the little punk just wanted to set us up together Yoongi thought. If only he knew how you should never mess with me.

Mina collapsed onto the bed, the pain killers were finally kicking in.

"You want ramen then?" Yoongi threw his bag on the floor and shut the door. He walked over to the minibar and pulled out a beer. He cracked it open and looked over to Mina, half off the bed with her eyes closed slowly falling asleep.

Yoongi walked over and pulled her converse off. Bit difficult to get off but he could manage. He pulled her sleeping body up onto the bed and covered her up.

Such a shame he was going to have to kill her. It really was. She really did have puppy eyes, the more Yoongi thought about it, the more he didn't want to kill her. But what choice did he have? She was a loose end, and Yoongi didn't have loose ends.