Chapter 22

Jimin reluctantly stepped back out of the dining room "what's there to talk about? It's none of my concern who you sleep with"

"Jimin I never had sex with him I promise. He just sad that to... I don't know... get you mad?"

"Mina I'm not blind I can see your neck"

"Ok. Yes. We did have an... intimate moment... when he came home drunk and stopped me in the kitchen. But it never went further than this" she pointed to her neck "I swear"

Jimin nodded and sighed "ok... I believe you"

"I'm sorry that I caused the two of you to fight"

He sighed "it's not your fault, I knew this was bound to happen sooner or later"

"Jimin...." Mina tried to muster up some courage "what's the history between you and Jungkook?"

He smirked a little "Hoseok told you didn't he?"

"He mentioned you two have unresolved history yes"

He sighed and pulled Mina into the living room and sat down with her "me and Jungkook met in high school. At first I didn't even know him, let alone care for him, we weren't friends at all. In fact he pissed me off, always causing trouble in school, he was a pain in the ass. So when he started dating a girl... and she started cheating on him... I didn't care that it was with me..."

Mina's eyes turned wide with shocking and intrigue.

"it started off with just stupid one night stands and booty calls, I didn't care that she was dating him and neither did she. But then one day Jungkook saw me alone in the cafeteria and decided to sit with me. And since then he never stopped sitting with me at lunch. I got to know him and we started to slowly become friends. About two years into his relationship and... me and his girlfriend's hook ups. I couldn't go behind his back anymore and was ready to call it off. But she wanted to have one last time with me... in the janitors closet... of the school... and guess who caught us....."

Jimin looked down in shame "he was never the same with women after that. It completely broke him that the first girl he loved was cheating on him for years. He never trusted another girl, he never had another relationship. Now he just has pointless hook ups. I can't help feel like I've ruined his dating life forever..."

"Jimin... you're not solely responsible... cheating it's a two way street... she is the one that was in the wrong" Mina placed her hand on his to comfort him.

"True... But he never let me forget what I did... and so he never let me ever have a relationship, or so much as flirt with a girl, ever again. When we are at the club if I see a girl and start chatting with her, the minute my back is turned he will swoop in and I'll witness him sticking his tongue down her throat. Every single time without fail he ruins any chances I have of being with a girl. So I had to start seeing girls in secret, I kinda took whatever I could get. But to be honest... it's what I deserve" he sighed

"Jimin that's not true. Just because he doesn't have a dating life doesn't mean you're not allowed to have one.... what happened after Jungkook caught you and his girlfriend?... how did you guys become friends again... and even end up living together?"

"It wasn't easy, we spent a year not speaking after that. But the guilt never left me. I wanted to make it up to him. Do whatever I could to help him in anyway whenever I saw the chance, no matter how much he pushed me away and hated me. I never stopped caring about him and looking out for him. So when he was caught with a mountain of drugs in his locker... I took the fall... and went to prison"

Mina gasped "Jimin... you went to prison for him?!?"

"Yep. I was lucky though. It was a first time offence and the judge was in a good mood that day... I got 1 year. So I never ended up graduating high school"

"Oh my god Jimin. Jungkook totally ruined your life"

He smirked "no of course he didn't. I knew what I was doing when I took the fall. I knew the sentence could be a life sentence. But I was willing to take the chance for him"

"Jimin" Mina felt herself get emotional over his affection for the younger

"We've passed all of that now, when I was finally released he was the first one waiting for me. He soon introduced me to Taehyung, who he got the drugs from in the first place, and we learnt how to work together and be smarter. So none of us ever get caught again. It kind of grew from there really. I met Jungkook's foster brother Yoongi and then-"

"Wait. Yoongi and Jungkook are foster brothers?"

"Yeh Yoongi never had parents. He doesn't know who his birth parents are. He was given up for adoption the moment he was born and tossed around from home to home his whole childhood. He finally ended up in a home with Jungkook and they formed an alliance to stick out for each other"

"I had no idea..."

"We all come from pretty shitty homes Mina" he looked down at her engagement ring "you're not the only one" he smiled sweetly, making her feel for the first time in a long time she wasn't alone. There were others who suffered just like she did.

"Maybe that's why we are all a bit fucked in the head" she joked

Jimin laughed "Yah, only a nut job would stab someone in the back on their first day here-"

Suddenly an unimpressed dark voice emerged from behind them "You can say that again"

Mina and Jimin froze.

Taehyung.