Chapter 5

"So let me get this straight. He's a hot man with no emotions?" Camila grimaces at a thought.

"A man is only hot when he's kind." I add.

She rolls her eyes. "No, a man's hot when he's hot, and trust me, he's hot."

"With a rotten personality." There's no denying that.

Camila tilts her head, and the yellow street lights tint her small dark features. "I mean- maybe he just felt awkward? You were discussing your nightmares after all"

This has been ongoing for the past twenty minutes. She denies that Mr Lorenzo is anything but kind. I can't blame her though, she's only met his classroom side, and she's terrible at reading into situations. The same goes for everyone else in our lecture. They don't see past his smiles or the blue chill in his eyes. They've never seen a soulless man, so they can't spot them from a crowd. I've seen one, though. I see one almost every night.

"Let's not get distracted though." Camila points her finger at me. "Your nightmares are back." She lowers her voice. "When did this happen?"

"What are we discussing?" We both glance up at the new intruder and fall silent.

Peter.

I haven't seen him in over a year because talking to him after the whole breakup was against girl code on some level, right? So I waited until Camila was ready to face him again and here we are.

Golden locks of hair, dark brown eyes and a heart shocking build. He's all muscles, and amiable smiles.

"P-peter?"

"The one and only." He grins. Car lights rush past in a blur as I watch the two encounter. Camila gives him an awkward hug, obviously not used to the shape of his new body. College worked wonders on him, or make it was a break up glow up.

When it's my turn to hug him, my limbs disintegrate into nothing. I practically lose myself in his gigantic form. Peek-a-boo, where's my arm? Anyway. Wow.

"What happened to you?" Is the first thing my smart ass can think of to break the silence.

He laughs, the sound is deeper now. "Started the gym."

Started the gym? It looks like he drowned himself in protein. I poke his muscles, hardly recognising the man before me. "but like... wow. It's been ten months."

"Shall we go inside?" Camila blurts. We both face her and I offer her a smile. This can't be easy on her, and I'm probably doing the worst job at consulting her right now.

We reluctantly head inside, shifting from dark streets to bright floors and laser lights. The movies recently had an upgrade and everything seems young, fresh and colourful now. It gives me night life vibes.

I hook my arm around Camila's shoulder to let her know I'm here. "So what's new?"

Peter scratches the back of his neck "Not much if I'm honest. Joined the gym, finished my first year of college. Onto my second year now, which is more intense. Got my license, met some amazing new people. What about you two?"

Not much? Okay.

Subconsciously, I glance at Camila before answering. "We're on our second semester of university now. That's about it."

Nothing interesting has been going on in our lives, and we haven't met amazing people either. We're playing things by ear and seeing where life takes us. It's slow, boring, and what most people like to call, normal.

"But hey, Someone's living the highlife." I nudge him with my elbow.

He laughs again, but Camila cuts him off. "Three tickets, pay separately."