Chapter 19

I don't even know what to say. I left university four days ago and in that time we hit amazing milestones.

2 THOUSAND followers and 11 THOUSAND reads.

You guys really helped me through the dark and uncertain times. I was flooded with amazing messages and I don't know how to thank you all enough.

You're changing my life tremendously and I'm forever grateful for your support.

At this point I owe you guys the world, but I hope a chapter (and many more in the future) will compensate for now.

Love you all so much xx

*************************************

This scene is all too familiar, and deliriously comforting after a nightmare. When I move my hands, the chains clink against the bed and I lay back with defeat. Somewhere deep inside, I still fear this man. Seeing him around other people didn't humanise him like I hoped. At the very least, I expected him to be civil around his friends, or whoever they were. Yet he still barked orders, shut them out, turned those men submissive.

That is his nature. Rom the dom. My lips curl into a smile.

In the dark I can almost make out his face, dimly lit by the moon.

Silence protrudes between dark blue eyes. His thoughts, his sounds, all shut down. Left to bask in the quietness. An unpredictable psychopath sits before me, harsh light slashing across his features. As ever, this man in partially hidden by shadows.

I'm unaware of his intentions which makes his presence more frightening.

Sitting in the silence, staring into someones eyes is known to overwhelm you in a good way. With him, he makes me want to scream. My darkest fears and insecurities reflect off the holes of his eyes.

I'm dancing with devil, rolling in stone.

He reaches out and I flinch "Pity." He muses, twirling a strand of hair between his fingertips "I liked your wig."

My breath catches in my throat and he smiles. The kind that never reaches his eyes. "Didn't think I would notice?"

"My brothers are here." I blurt out.

He cocks an eyebrow, a smile still lingering on his lips, "Is that a threat Miss Andrews? Because I could just leave you here. What would they think about your professor bounding you to the bed?"

"Do you think I care?" I whisper harshly, though my voice shakes, betraying me.

He leans closer, "I think you will." His fingers trace down the length of my arm, "If I tell them you liked it."

My lips part with disbelief.

"Scream. Go ahead."

I yank the chains, "Fuck you."

His eyes glimmer," You flail like a puppet, you know that?"

A puppet? Right, because he's in control.

"What do you want?"

"You did shit on your test."

"What."

He silent for a moment, "You failed the exam."

I shake the chains, "There are more civil ways to tell me that."

He cannot hide his amusement, "This way is much more fun."

Is he serious?

Peering at the ground, he kneels down and I push myself away from him, as far as the chains allow. He sits up again, stretching out his hand.