2.

King?

I looked at the even more frantic and stressed workers. Some running into each other while others tripped and fell spilling all their crops. All of a sudden the crowd went silent. People started to line themselves along the road near me. I got up and made my way to the crowd. Then everyone's heads went down. In the distance, I could see two horses dragging a carriage behind it. I bowed my head down but my eyes were up and looking in the direction of the carriage.

As the carriage made its way closer I could make out who was sitting in it.

It's the guy from the cafe.

I choked on my spit as my eyes opened. It was now morning.

"It was just a dream. Yeah just a dream" a weird one.

I got ready for work and made my way out of the house and towards my car. I hadn't eaten since yesterday afternoon when I had lunch and left my purse behind. I parked my car outside the cafe, which was now open.

"Hi how can I help you today?" It was the same barista from yesterday.

"Hi you didn't happen to see a white purse yesterday while you were working did you?" The lady thought about it before answering.

"Did it have a small front pocket with a gold zipper?" The lady asked. I frantically nodded.

"Ah yeah I did. But I saw a man take it. I'm so sorry ma'am"

shit

I let out a groan before turning to the lady and thanking her.

I'm back in my office. I am pissed, annoyed and worried. The paper work in my purse had some of my personal information like where I lived and my bank details. You may ask why I would leave such a valuable thing in my purse. I dont know either.

"Excuse me um" It was the front office lady.

"April" I said not looking up from my computer.

"Yeah, uh, there's someone here for you" Those words surprised me. No one's ever visited me before.

"Good morning April"

I was surprised to see the guy from the cafe, who was also the guy I saw in my dreams, in front of me.

"Oh hi, what are you doing here and how did you find me?"

"Well yesterday after our little meet up you've sort of left something behind," He said as he lifted up my white purse.

"And don't worry I didn't look or take anything. I only opened it to check if I could find your ID card" He handed me the bag.

"Oh my goodness. I was looking for this all night and this morning. Thank you so much um"

"Jay. Park Jay"

King Jay?

He raised his eyebrow as I was just starring at him.

"Oh sorry, I zoned out for a moment. But thank you Jay."

"My pleasure April"

I smiled waiting for him to turn around and leave. But he didn't. He noticed my anticipation for him leave making one of his brows go up and smirk form on his lips.

"Oh and before I go, would you like to join me for lunch later today."

I wasn't sure if I had enough confidence to talk to him. This conversation I had before was the most I've spoken in how many years?

"Hmm I don't think I can make it to lunch. Sorry" That was a fat lie.

"Well in that case we can have dinner together. Call me later." Before I could answer him he shoved a business card between my fingers and left.

I worked throughout lunch, I didn't want to head to the cafe and coincidentally bump into him again. It was now late and I still haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon. I was beyond starving. My plan was just to ignore it and wait until tomorrow morning. But my state right now isn't good. I was so hungry that I can barely stand.

My car parked outside a small restaurant that's not a long drive from the building I worked in.

"May I take your order" The young waitress asked.

"Ah yes, can I have the pasta carbonara with shrimp and bacon please?"

The waitress wrote my order on her little notepad before taking my menu and walking towards the kitchen.

When she came back with my plate of food I swear there was drool coming out my mouth. When she left I went ham on my plate. I don't care if I looked like a pig I was starving and this plate was delicious.

I paid for my food and left the restaurant. Across the road I saw a convenience store. It would probably be good if I starting buying food so that I can eat at home instead of take out every night.

The store was empty with only me and the young worker inside. I scanned through aisle grabbing snacks, frozen food, some pre-made food, instant ramen and some fresh fruit and salad to balance out my diet. I paid for my items and left for home.

After putting away my items and getting ready for bed, I hopped on my bed and almost instantly drifted off to the lands of my dreams.

{31/10/20}
edited...