28.

The temperatures were cold and the wind did not help. I wasn't wearing much either. I was still wearing the same shirt from last night. 

Shit I'm not wearing any pants.

I ran back inside the heated house and found something more appropriate to wear in this weather.

I drove my car around the neighbourhood and into the city in hopes to see the glimpse of Jay. I really really need to talk to him and settle things. I need to find him before Sunghoon does anything bad.

My car eventually parked outside the restaurant across what I thought was a company owned by Jay, but really was an abandoned building. Inside the restaurantwas Jay, sitting alone on one of the tables.

This sight made my heart slightly ache.

I pushed the glass doors, entering the restaurant.

"How can I help you ma'am" the waitress asked.

"I'm with him" I replied pointing to Jay who hasn't noticed me yet. The waitress nodded moving aside so I could get through to Jay.

I pulled the chair across from him, inviting myself to sit down.

"Hey" I said in a soft tone.

"What are you doing here." He spoke with a sad emotionless tone.

"I just wanted to see if you're okay."

He didn't reply, instead played with the straw in his glass.

"Are you ordering anything?" I asked picking up the menu, scanning across the different meal options.

"I entered this world with nothing. No family or friends, no house, no money. Just the clothes on my body. I don't even know why I choose to go to a restaurant, I guess it was just cold outside."

That statement made me sad. I was in his position when I first entered his world, but people back then were a lot nicer. Not many people were greeded with money and many choose to help one another. Plus Jay was nice enough to help me. Maybe this is my time to return the favour.

"Pick something." I said handing him the menu.

"What?" This time he lifted his head making eye contact with me.

"You helped me last time, this is the least I can do"

I watched as he reluctantly took the menu from my hand. After ordering our food, we didn't have to wait long before the food arrive.

"Thank you" I said to the waitress as she placed our plates on the table. When she left I turned my attention back to Jay.

"So what are you gonna do after this."

He paused and stopped chewing his food before placing his utensils down.

"I really don't know. I came to this world so desperate to see you that I forgot about the other consequences. And now I'm here with you but I have nothing." He sounded as if he was gonna burst into tears.

Then an idea popped in my mind.

"Jay" I called for him, drawing his eyes to me again. "Why don't you stay at my place. You've done so much for me and I just want to help you."

I watched his unreadable expression. But I could tell that he wanted to decline my offer but I could also tell that he's trying think of his options which were very limited.

"Are you sure?" Was all he could say.

I nodded giving him a reassuring smile.

After eating, I paid for both our meals and headed outside the restaurant.

I was shivering to the gust of wind. I was wearing sneakers with cotton track pants, a sweater and a puffy jacket. I do be looking thick. Hey it was cold and you need to layer at this time of year.

I looked at Jay to see what he was wearing. Sneakers, ripped jeans and a thin white shirt.

"You must be freezing" I said pointing at his outfit.

"A little bit"

I hooked my arm around his, as if that was gonna help him warm up. But I mostly did it so I could drag him to my car.

"How did you manage to walk to the restaurant in this weather" I said.

The wind was making my hair go everywhere. At one point it was flying over my face. I tried shaking it out of my face but it was no use. But I felt a warm hand on my cheek slowing tucking my hair behind my ears. It gave me a clear view of Jay's face in front of mine.

"ah thank you" I said before pulling him into my car.

Eventually we arrive inside my house. The heater helped warm my house up.

"It's not a castle but it will do" I saw a small smile appear on his face before he spoke.

"It's cozy, I like it"

He kept his smile as he spoke.

I gave Jay a small house tour, where the kitchen was, the bathrooms and where my bedroom was.

"There's only one bedroom in this house. Are you okay with sleeping on the couch?"

Jay opened his mouth to say something but immediately shut it and nodded his head.

"Don't you have work" Jay asked.

Oh shit.

My head turned to the clock on the wall. It was 11:52 and work started at 9. I let out a groan as I knew it was too late to go to work now.

"I'm guessing you did" Jay giggle from behind me.

"I'm gonna text my boss, I'll be in my room if you need anything. You can watch TV, the remotes over there" I said before running to my room.

I looked at my phone to see 7 miss calls from Lia and 2 from Soobin. I dialed Soobin's number first.

I informed him that I had an unexpected guest and that complications happened and I was so glad that he understood and that I could return to work tomorrow.

*knock knock*

I turned to my room door to see Jay.

"Is something wrong?" I asked placing my phone down.

"Do you have any spare blankets?"

Oh no I forgot that I threw them away, mostly because they were old.

"Um here, you can use mine. I can just buy new ones later." I said pulling the blankets off my bed.

"Oh no it's okay, uh we can share."

"Oh uh. Sure"

We both made our ways back to the living room. We sat on opposite sides of the couch, giving each other more than enough room.

The room was silent except for the movie that was playing in the background.

Something seemed to be clouding Jay's mind. But there was one thing Jay wanted to say most.

"Thank you April."

{08/12/20}
Y'all it's the prince of ice birthday. Happy birthday Sunghoon 💕

edited...