ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Y/n looked down at the ringing phone in her hand, waiting for the receiver of the call to pick up. She knew it had been so long since they had last spoken, but she felt like she needed answers after what she saw at the entrance exam.
Even though she hadn't seen Izuku in ages, she was fairly certain he was quirkless.

Unless he's been hiding some super cool quirk from me this whole time

Y/n's eyes lit up with a fiery expression as she thought about that option, holding on to the phone even harder than before.
A sudden voice on the other side of the phone distracted her from the murder plans she was coming up with for Izuku.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mrs. Midoriya, it's been so long" Y/n said, sweatdropping as her voice high-pitched halfway through her sentence.

"Y/n is that you? Oh how have you been?" the cheerful woman asked. A small smile plastered itself on Y/n's face.

"I'm good thank you, could I speak to Izuku please?" she asked, knowing she didn't have much time before being called to dinner.
It had taken her over a week to come up with the courage to call the Midoriya family, not sure if Izuku would even want to speak to her. Not like anything had happened between them, they had just grown apart over the years.

"Yes of course" and after a scream and quick footsteps, the phone was passed on to someone else.

"Hi?"

"IZUKU MIDORIYA YOU ABSOLUTE BROCCOLI BRAIN" Y/n shouted, making the boy on the other side of the call flinch.
Her mother poked her head around the door of the kitchen, raising an eyebrow at her child.

"Y/n?" he asked carefully, wondering if it was actually her. His fingers started to sweat profusely around the phone at the idea that he was speaking to a girl. Even though it was Y/n and he had no idea what she looked like now. He could imagine the ten year old her on the other side of the phone.
This helped him relax.

"HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING YOUR QUIRK FROM ME?" she continued.
Izuku suddenly went pale, the confusion in his head getting worse.

What the hell is she on about

"It's nice to hear from you too, it's been so long" he replied. At least he tried to change the subject.

"Nuh-uh mister. You are going to explain to me WHAT you were doing at the entrance exam, HOW you ended up falling from the sky and you are going to make this QUICK because I have dinner soon and I'm hungry" Y/n replied, sitting on the couch, the phone in her hand still resting on her ear, waiting for an explanation.

Izuku sighed, he knew that if Y/n hadn't changed, she wouldn't let this go until she had the answers she wanted.

"I'm guessing you were at the entrance exams too then" he replied, formulating the following explanation in his head as Y/n replied.

"Yeah and I passed, I'm guessing you did too?"

"Yeah" he answered her question. The small smile on his face had grown.

What if we end up in class together, after all these years?

Izuku gave Y/n all the answers she requested, speaking for over a half an hour on the phone. He also specifically told her that most of this was confidential and that no one was to know.
Y/n quietly listened to her childhood best friend, processing every bit of information and acknowledging the fact that it was a secret.
Y/n's mother smiled as she quietly watched her child speak and laugh on the phone. She knew that Midoriya would always be a good influence on her and maybe, just maybe, they could go back to being best friends now. She put her child's dinner in the oven to keep it warm.