ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

Y/n pulled her hero costume in to place, looking over at Izuku as he fixed his gloves on to his hands.
Gran Torino patiently waited near the door, the golden light of the setting sun seeping through the open exit.
There was a light breeze, cooling down the area where the warm rays of sun hit.

"Ready to go?" Y/n asked, her eyes holding a determined look as she watched her friend get the last bits of his costume together. He nodded, turning towards their mentor.
Gran Torino grinned, moving out of the door, followed by the two students.

"Like I said, we'll be going to Shinjuku as not much happens around here. We'll take the train" he stated, pointing determined in the direction they'd be going in.

"I don't want you two to get used to my fighting style. I want you to learn how to handle a fight in the moment by going against villains you don't know. That's why work experience is so important" Gran Torino explained as he stopped a taxi to go to the station.

"I don't know about you" Y/n whispered to Izuku "but I feel very awkward going around in my hero costume".
The two of them sat down in the taxi with Gran Torino as he karate chopped Y/n's head.

"NONSENSE KID" he exclaimed, his eyes narrowed "your hero costume might bring attention to you, but you should be proud of wearing it. What image you project to other people of yourself is very important if you want to be a hero" he said, crossing his arms across his chest.

The rest of the taxi ride was rather quiet, Izuku gently massaging the top of Y/n's head as she whined.
They got to the train station and came out of the taxi, Izuku turning to Y/n.

"Remind me to send Iida a message later, I'm worried about him" he said.

"I know, I'm worried too" Y/n replied, turning her gaze to the ground.
Since the Sports Festival Iida had told everyone that his brother was fine, that there was nothing to worry about, but they soon found out that it wasn't true.
Y/n thought back to when her mother was watching the news and had shouted for her to come through.

"Hey baby, isn't that your classmate's brother? Ingenium?" she asked, her hand covering her mouth as the reporter showed a clip of him lying in bed, connected to a series of machines.

Y/n ran through to the living room, looking over at the screen. She held back a gasp as the reporter stated that the pro hero Ingenium would be retiring due to permanent damage to his body.

"They're calling him the Hero Killer" M/n said, her eyes saddening. She thought about the pro hero's mother and sighed, not even trying to imagine what she could be going through, the pain that this accident might have brought to the Iida family.

"Let's go" Gran Torino spoke, moving in to the station to find the right platform, the two teens following close behind, their minds filled with thoughts of their classmate.

The sky was now completely dark. The stars were pretty much invisible due to the light being produced by the city of Hosu which Y/n and Izuku were passing by.
Izuku turned towards the window and looked down at the city beneath them.

Tenya is somewhere down there

He sighed, leaning his head on the window. He thought back to their talk at the station before departing on their internships.

I should have been more convincing

He took out his phone and looked down at the screen, opening up his chat with Iida. He had sent the message a little time ago.

"Still hasn't replied huh?" Y/n asked, eyeing the phone in his hand.
Izuku shook his head no.

"He usually replies within three minutes of reading a message" he commented, pointing out the fact that he had actually seen the message.
Y/n kept quiet, before hearing something in the distance.