ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ

"Alright, Tokoyami, Shoji, you can go" Pixie-bob said, gesturing for the two of them to leave.
Class 1-B had been sent through the path in the forest first and had the objective to spook the other students as much as they could, even using their quirks if they wanted to.
Shoto and Bakugo were the next ones and Y/n calmly spoke to Izuku as they waited for their turn.

"So anyway, as I was saying-" Y/n was quickly interrupted by Dark Shadow grabbing her and pulling her along, even though Tokoyami and Shoji were already deeper in to the forest. Everyone watched the shadow fly by with Y/n under his arm as he moved back to his owner, dropping Y/n on the ground next to them.
Shoto and Bakugo raised an eyebrows as the two of them zoomed passed the weird duo and Y/n sweatdropped, knowing she'd be leaving Izuku behind.

"Uh, L/n?" Tokoyami asked as he heard something drop behind him and finding Y/n on the floor. Y/n rubbed her back and got up, cleaning off the dust that she had accumulated from the floor on her trousers and gave the two a smile.

"Hey, Dark Shadow decided I'd be coming with you apparently" she laughed, scooting in between the two of them.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience L/n, but in the dark it's harder for me to control him" Tokoyami said, pinching the bridge of his...beak.

"That's quite alright, it's just that Izuku will have to do this alone now" she said, looking back to the entrance in to the path, which was now engulfed in darkness.

The three of them were probably halfway through the forest when Tokoyami had started slowing down, hunching his back forward as one of his hands grabbed on to his shirt.
Y/n grabbed Shoji's arm and spun around, noticing that Tokoyami had stopped a few steps back and watched as Dark Shadow tried to come out of him.

"Tokoyami?" Shoji said, but the silence from the other boy's side, worried both him and Y/n.
All of a sudden, their worried minds were filled by Mandalay's voice.

"Attention students, two villains have attacked the forest and more are probably coming, try to get back at the cabin"

"It's her quirk isn't it?" Y/n asked, receiving a nod from Shoji.

"We can't leave Tokoyami here" Shoji whispered and Y/n nodded in return as she watched their classmate try to fight the other occupant of his body.

"G-Get away, D-Dark Shadow won't stay down" Tokoyami said, trying to back away fron the two. All of a sudden, Dark Shadow grew in size, his arm slashing around as he furiously aimed at anything in his way.

"L/n!" Shoji exclaimed, grabbing the girl and moving her out of the way just in time, but he quivered as he noticed one of his hands drop to the ground.

"We have to go! NOW" Y/N shouted and sprinted forward, dragging a hurt Shoji behind him, Tokoyami following behind, but not because it was his will to do so.

Shoto stopped in his tracks as he lifted his gaze to the sky, noticing the thick veil of smoke that was covering up the moon.

"First Mandalay and now this? Something's wrong" he muttered to himself.

"You don't say bastard" Katsuki grumbled, eyeing the bi-coloured boy.

"We have to head back and see what we can do" Shoto said and started jogging, Katsuki close behind as he muttered an inaudible response. The two of them moved for a while until Bakugo grabbed the back of Shoto's shirt and stopped him once again.

"Look where you're going shithead" he said and slowly pointed on the ground. In front of them was a severed hand, blood trailing out of where it had been cut.

"Who was in front of us?" Bakugo asked, trying to recall the groups. Shoto kept quiet for a second, but then his breathing hitched as he remembered, his eyes widening.