ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

The idea that just a few days ago her class had been attacked by a bunch of villains seemed so surreal to Y/n in that moment. It was early in the morning and the crisp air surrounded her as she walked the street to her bus stop. It was their first day back since the USJ incident. She had her uniform on and her bag on her shoulders, a normal teenage girl. Only that now she was a normal teenage girl that had been all over the news together with her classmates for surviving this scale of an attack. They knew that most of them were low level villains and that pretty much anyone with a half decent quirk could have taken them on, but they made no effort to try and fight the media.

As usual, Y/n and Kirishima made their way to school, mostly talking about the news reports about them.

"I don't understand why they would want to make out those villains to be worse than what they are" Y/n said as both her and Kirishima went in to class, greeting their classmates.

"For the views" Kirishima replied, putting his bag down on the floor next to his desk.

"Yeah, but you terrify the people more than you should" Y/n stated, sitting on her desk.

At that point Aizawa had just entered the classroom, his face still covered in bandages.

"Settle down" he said, moving to the front of the class.

"Are you sure you should be back in school sensei?" Izuku asked. It was pretty obvious he hadn't completely recovered yet.

"Yes, we have way more important things to thing about now. The
UA Sports Festival is coming up and you need to be ready"

"Isn't it too early for a Sports Festival after what just happened?" Kirishima asked. He watched his teacher in disbelief together with the rest of the class.

Y/n agreed with Kirishima, it seemed rather risky to have such a big event after something like that. Sure, there would be many pro heroes present as it is the best way for them to look for future employees, but the amount of people there will just bring more attention to the event.

"This event is too important to be postponed and a very rare opportunity for you as students. We will be taking extra precautions" Aizawa replied. The class knew that this was going to go down either way so they just agreed with what their teacher said and went along with the rest of the day.

Uraraka skipped over to Y/n as she was putting her notebooks away.

"Want to come for lunch with Midoriya, Tenya and I?" she asked.

Y/n smiled at the short girl and nodded.

"Go ahead, I'll catch up with you in a second" she said and finished packing up. She saw the three of them disappear out of the door and smiled to herself.
It hadn't been as hard as she had expected to make friends after all those years at home. Yes she had had a few hiccups until now, but it didn't seem as unnatural as it first did.

As she walked out of the class, following her classmates' footsteps, she saw them in a distance, Todoroki walking a little behind them.
Y/n jogged forward and reached his side and turned to look at him. His gaze was fixed on Izuku in front of him and just as All Might appeared, Todoroki grabbed Y/n and pulled her behind the corner. He rested his back on the wall and held her arm so she couldn't interrupt her friends.

"What are you-"

"Shh" he hushed. Y/n could see the concentration in his face.

"Oh my god Shoto Todoroki. Are you eavesdropping?" she whispered, stiffling a laugh. For some reason, the idea of someone so isolated and cold pretty much listening in on gossip made her giggle.
He glared at her and didn't answer. Izuku and All Might suddenly went past them. Todoroki noticed Izuku turn his head to look at them and he reacted fast. He pulled Y/n's arm, which he had been holding til then, to him and embraced her, closing his eyes and hiding his face in her shoulder.
Y/n stood shook in front of the boy with the half white and half red hair. Her face heated up, not even processing what was going on.